G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Members and sponsorship???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Members and sponsorship???

Mods/Staff/Etc.,

I don't wanna come off as a d!ck and start calling a bunch of people out, but am curious who looks over threads and sigs as far as people who are advertising their services to other members and shops having people pretty much advertise for them to avoid having to pay for the advertising. I find i quite ridiculous that i had been banned from my350z for only have a couple words in my sig and getting warning here about advertising yet there are handfuls of members who do advertise and receive no warnings or repercussions. Here my self and every other sponsor is paying to have the benefit of advertising our services and products, which imo the prices are quite ridiculous, especially for us small guys who only do it on the side. But that's a whole other issue. I just would like staff members to maybe take a closer look at people's threads and sigs and implementing the same rules to everyone rather than select members. I understand people will get looked over as that's the nature of the beast but there are plenty that are plain as day from people who are regular posters. Again i'm not gonna call anyone out but rather just want to advise staff members on what i have come to notice. Thanks!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You're going to have to report them one by one. Use the and state your complaint.

You can't really expect the mod/admin to police thousands of sigs efficently

Old 07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I agree completely.
Our paying vendors are what keeps this community alive.

It is not intentional that these sort of things are not moderated.
If they are seen they are dealt with.
The membership can help by using the "report a post" function.
The icon is at the top of each post.

We recently implemented a new reporting system to monitor this function which brings it to the staff's attention much quicker than before.

Any help in supporting our vendors would be greatly appreciated and ultimately helps the membership.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
I too have seen an increase in non-vendor advertizing / soliciting. I will be keeping an eye out.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Shane if you see any advertising by non Vendors definitely use the report post button like previously mentioned. With almost 100k members here, it's impossible to keep up with everyone's signature.

Like inTgr8r mentioned as well, Vendors like yourself keep the community alive. Thanks for that.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Will do, and i wasn't suggesting having you guys going on a hunt, but i do know there are a few who post on a regular basis which i'm sure some of the staff run across just doing their daily browsing or the forum and what not. I will def. keep an eye out though.

Now if only we could get IB to have different sponsorship packages, kinda sucks that say Sean and I have to pay just as much as sponsors like riverside infiniti lol

Petition maybe? haha