G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.
View Poll Results: Forum post-IB acquisition
Better
5.00%
Worse
92.50%
Same
2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:14 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition

If you weren't here back when Kyle owned the boards, please don't even bother replying as that feedback is a totally different topic.

For those here before Kyle sold the site and still are, do you think we are better off, the same, or worse now? One thing in particular I'm curious to hear about is site performance and operations.

Last edited by kernel; 11-11-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
I sign on after 12 hrs and only see 5 updated and 1 new thread in Off topic.

There used to be PAGES of updated threads...

That's got to say something about something.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:10 PM
SEC > Big 12
I completely agree.....most of the members have left. It use to be that the first few pages in the lounge alone would have new posts from that day. Now, you're lucky to see half a page of new posts.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with the moderation. It's driven me away more than once, and I surely don't bother making new DIYs or posting and helping in any of the technical forums anymore because I just couldn't care any less about contributing positively to the forum after having my boots pissed on several times.

I hang around here still, yes. But I spend my time contributing to forums run by people who appreciate it, not forget about it in light of a hyper-technical rule violation.

Enough is enough. This is an online forum, not a President's Cabinet.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I was here at the tail end.

I'll still contribute DIYs etc.. because there are guys here that would appreciate it. And it gives me a place to host the information online. In case I have to point to it from another forum.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with the moderation. It's driven me away more than once, and I surely don't bother making new DIYs or posting and helping in any of the technical forums anymore because I just couldn't care any less about contributing positively to the forum after having my boots pissed on several times.

I hang around here still, yes. But I spend my time contributing to forums run by people who appreciate it, not forget about it in light of a hyper-technical rule violation.

+1 well stated.

there are other areas that have faltered as well... but I dont care enough to go into detail (wouldnt make a difference anyway).

Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Ahhh the good ole days. It also doesn't help our car is worthless now, pick one up for just over 10k. The age dynamics and intelligence level around here has dropped

Old 11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass

Great post Doug, much appreciated. If you don't mind taking the time, shoot me a PM with your past experiences and thoughts on how they might have been improved. I don't mind chatting with you by phone either so I can call you and chat about it anytime.

Shane

Old 11-11-2010, 11:31 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Ahhh the good ole days. It also doesn't help our car is worthless now, pick one up for just over 10k. The age dynamics and intelligence level around here has dropped
I take that comment personally!

I mean, just because I bought my car for <10k and JUST HAPPEN to have a "room-temperature" IQ............ in Celsius....... wait, what was I taking about?

Well I wasn't here in the "good-ol-days" so I have no frame of reference, but man it seems like a bunch of people miss it
The single biggest gripe I have about this forum is having to have a paid membership just to have a freaking Avatar. I've never seen such stupidity (and sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, just speaking my mind here)
I have no idea if that's IB related or not, just throwing it out there.
My next biggest gripe is the insanely high prices for a vendor acct. I would be a vendor on here if it wasn't sooooo expensive

My concern though is that the forum has evolved to what it has become, and is (IMO) probably better left alone.

I mean, I've seen other boards get ruined over "fallings out" over similar issues, and I think it's kinda silly. It's better to just move forward in the best way possible.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
you the op personally kept me off the forum for a few months and the moderation in general kept me from renewing my premier membership after two years of doing so. it had to do with a post in politics that neither attacked anyone personally or used any language beyond what is commonly used all over this forum. anyway, the members who contributed the most seem to have all gone away. between deleted posts/threads and everyone being banned, the forum has lost the sense of being a community of people with a shared interest.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Worse, the market place is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY overly complicated and most links dont work properly.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
^ Thats being reverted back to the old style.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:49 PM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
you the op personally kept me off the forum for a few months and the moderation in general kept me from renewing my premier membership after two years of doing so. it had to do with a post in politics that neither attacked anyone personally or used any language beyond what is commonly used all over this forum. anyway, the members who contributed the most seem to have all gone away. between deleted posts/threads and everyone being banned, the forum has lost the sense of being a community of people with a shared interest.
so I'm not staff any more (my choice) so I can't see everything, but searching through the mod forum, I can't see where you got any warnings/infractions from anyone. If you're complaining about a post that was deleted, there's not a whole lot I can say without context and seeing what it was. There have been plenty of times where people got way too hot in the politics section, so staff took action to make them cool down.

I do appreciate the feedback though. My main point is that this entire site is going down quickly, and it seems like it is time to abandon ship.

I haven't seen any of the supposed benefits we were told that would happen at the time of the sale. In fact, I haven't seen a lot of positive in general since the site was sold. There are more ads, higher sponsor fees, worse performance, fewer features (like who is viewing), more difficult to get changes/fixes implemented, arbitrary greedy company deciding what is best for everyone and treating all sites equally....the list just goes on.

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
^ Thats being reverted back to the old style.
don't count your chickens before they hatch

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
The single biggest gripe I have about this forum is having to have a paid membership just to have a freaking Avatar. I've never seen such stupidity (and sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, just speaking my mind here)
I have no idea if that's IB related or not, just throwing it out there.
that's actually pre-IB. In fact, until about a year ago (well after the acquisition) only premier members had avatars. At least now everyone can have one of the generic ones that are on the site. That was actually the work of the staff here pushing for it though.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Did IB ask for this feedback? Or is this an unofficial poll by former staff? Either way, it seems a foregone conclusion that most people who vote are going to subjectively say it's worse. In more ways than not, I tend to agree, but some of those things are out of the site's control (membership attitudes) and some should be objectively measurable (performance?).

So now what happens?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition