G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

How about the vendors posting prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:11 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
I really don't see what the big deal is. I've purchased tons of stuff from vendors on here and my350z. Never had an issue with getting a PMs back within 24 hours. When I'm interested in buying something in particular brand new I search the vendor section of the marketplace for it, send PMs to the vendors that have what I'm looking for, and go with the vendor that has the lowest overall price shipped.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by SxExCx
This is true, but most manufactures have pricing policies which dont allow vendors to post rock-bottom prices so it is up to the vendor to negotiate private sales on a case-by-case scenario.
Another thing I just realized, I have been quoted under MAP for some parts on here so if they are going to sell under the MAP pricing, if the company or distribution found out they tend to get a little mad.

Kenny, Henry actually did post a price for R40s not that long ago when he sold them for $175 and that is under the MAP pricing I got when I dealt with Kics in the past. But being end of the year, they are more lenient.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ektor_x3
I agree it is a p.i.t.a,having to wait up to a couple of days to get a pm back. We understand that its a competitive market but u dont see walmart or target not posting up their prices online.
It's also a PITA having people PM you for prices on things they could simply look up on your website.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
just my 2 cents...

if i m looking to buy something big or expensive such as coilovers or wheels i ll take a couple days and shoot some PMs out or even go as far as call and talk to the different vendors to get the absolute best price i can.

i cant ever see myself suddenly wanting something that expensive and just going to a couple threads and seeing some prices and just dropping money like that.

i would rather call or wait for a PM and save a couple hundred $$$ than buy something just because it more accessible
I understand that, but the point is this is a forum with the same guys buying stuff all the time, so why can't they just post thier lowest price for us. No they made us PM them for the price so it takes longer, why not just give the lowest price up front to us.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Prices aren't the same for everyone. When someone buys tons of parts from me, I'm more likely to give him a discount as opposed to someone who haggles about the price of an oil filter.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim@Grubbs
It's also a PITA having people PM you for prices on things they could simply look up on your website.
If you have price on your website, why not post that price in the thread???

If someone is a frequent customer I am sure he would just call/email you directly and get price via that way.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Because we have tens of thousands of parts. We aren't going to post all of them.
The end.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
a lot of the time vendors here actually sell stuff for lower than they're allowed to advertise, that's why. remember they're just vendors(for the most part) they still fall under the manufacturer's guidelines. for example BC and Motordyne have set prices you can not openly sell under as a vendor. so to move product and give a buyer incentive to buy the product from them Vs another vendor, the price isn't advertised to allow the consumer a slice of the vendor's profit w/o hurting the market value of the product.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^Very good point.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by dmarando
I understand that, but the point is this is a forum with the same guys buying stuff all the time, so why can't they just post thier lowest price for us. No they made us PM them for the price so it takes longer, why not just give the lowest price up front to us.
like what tim said each vendor has different prices because they buy in bulk and different discounts are applied to these items.

and yeah you PM the vendor and they PM you back takes about a day maybe 2 most of the time unless its a holiday or something. most of the time i just go to the website and call them

waiting 2 days longer to get your things is not going to kill you is it? i d wait 2 days if i could even save 20$ i understand if there's only a 5$ difference, but in the end it will add up.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
like what tim said each vendor has different prices because they buy in bulk and different discounts are applied to these items.

and yeah you PM the vendor and they PM you back takes about a day maybe 2 most of the time unless its a holiday or something. most of the time i just go to the website and call them

waiting 2 days longer to get your things is not going to kill you is it? i d wait 2 days if i could even save 20$ i understand if there's only a 5$ difference, but in the end it will add up.
You know man you missed the whole point of this, you act like the vendors are doing us a favor, hey we are doing them a favor by purchasing from them. So why can't they make it a little easier for us, now if they have the prices on thier website and put the link in the thread that's cool, I would goto thier site to see the prices.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Another thing I just realized, I have been quoted under MAP for some parts on here so if they are going to sell under the MAP pricing, if the company or distribution found out they tend to get a little mad.
MAP = Minimum ADVERTISED Price...what it is actually sold for is the business of the vendor.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by dmarando
You know man you missed the whole point of this, you act like the vendors are doing us a favor, hey we are doing them a favor by purchasing from them. So why can't they make it a little easier for us, now if they have the prices on thier website and put the link in the thread that's cool, I would goto thier site to see the prices.
The vendors are doing you a favor by making the parts you want more easily accessible or even available and offering discounts for car clubs/online forums.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:57 PM
dmarando- point is this is the way they do business, if you don't like it don't buy. I have bought a few things from vendors and never had a problem. I have always got my pm's answered within a day or two.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by SxExCx
MAP = Minimum ADVERTISED Price...what it is actually sold for is the business of the vendor.
Yes, so you're saying it's not going to rustle feathers? They undercut everyone... just secretly. It really is an advertised price, I could get a PM then go into the thread and say price is $XX.XX, they just advertised the price...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about the vendors posting prices