G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

The new G35Driver.com- Are you charging?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb The new G35Driver.com- Are you charging?

as i had posted on FRESHALLOY, I was having G35 withdrawal. i was told over there however that the site will be charging its members. is this true?
thanks RX

Old 12-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation

No, and yes. You'll be able to post, etc. and do 99% of the stuff you could've on the old board with the new one-- free of charge.

If you'd like to partake in some of the more advanced features of vBullitin, have larger upload capacities, etc. then you will have to join as a premier member. In order to abate fraud, we're also considering it for Classifieds.

The exact details of what will be included in which level are still being worked out, but don't dispair- you can still do everything you could on the old board. The upgrade just made some more toys available, however it also came at quite a price. Enjoy!

[EDIT: This post, Kyle]

G

Last edited by GeoBau; 02-16-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:04 PM
On the front page they mentioned having free accounts and premium ones.. Not sure how it will all work out but I wouldnt mind paying for a premium if there were alot better features over the basic account.

Old 12-01-2004, 05:05 PM
you beat me to it

Old 12-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
That's my job

We'll have an update for you soon. Kyle has worked non-stop around the clock to get this site live, so I think he deserves a nice rest before he has to think too hard.

Good to see you guys back!

G

Old 12-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by imRACERX
as i had posted on FRESHALLOY, I was having G35 withdrawal. i was told over there however that the site will be charging its members. is this true?
thanks RX
I think everyone had withdrawls except for me I think I had a large overdose, Considering I've been working on it night and day since Thanksgiving.. Someone give me a vacation..

As far as charging members Geo pretty much nailed it on the head.

Kylr

Old 12-01-2004, 05:08 PM
I still get the error message that the site wont be up until 5 pm when i goto www.g35driver.com. but if i come directly to www.g35driver.com/forums it lets me in.. Is the site still not supposed to be live?

Old 12-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Ibanez_Nima
I still get the error message that the site wont be up until 5 pm when i goto www.g35driver.com. but if i come directly to www.g35driver.com/forums it lets me in.. Is the site still not supposed to be live?
Yes and no read Announcement

Old 12-01-2004, 05:17 PM
works for me fine on either link. thanks for not charging for regular forum use. RX

Old 12-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by GeoBau
No, and yes. You'll be able to post, etc. and do 99% of the stuff you could've on the old board with the new one-- free of charge.

If you'd like to partake in some of the more advanced features of vBullitin, have larger upload capacities, etc. then you will have to join as a premier member. In order to abate fraud, we're also considering it for Classifieds.

The exact details of what will be included in which level are still being worked out, but don't dispair- you can still do everything you could on the old board. The upgrade just made some more toys available, however it also came at quite a price. Enjoy!

G
And what about the people who paid last time there were some site upgrades and a call to help with the costs?

For some reason I feel I didn't get my monies worth last time, what going to make me think I will this time?

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY do appreciate the efforts of a few for so little but when is this cash call going to end from the members? I thought supporting the advertisers and posting good info is what made a forum strong and covered the expenses. This is one of the few forums that does request a fee for 'enhanced" membership and the others that do, as well, haven't faired very well, since requesting a fee. (I'm thinking of one diesel forum in particular, that I use to belong to)

I'm not bitter or resentful but IMHO, the quality of technical posts have declined, and the whining has increased in this forum in the last 6 months (flame suit on) and I for one, have been disappointed.

Last edited by GeoBau; 02-16-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Thumbs up

Those who contributed will be receiving an upgrade. Whether it was a dollar or twenty, you answered the call and helped make this upgrade possible.

What we're attempting with this upgrade is a complete revamp of how this site operates. We're be focusing a lot more on technical topics and creating open discussions. With our new abilities, as well, we can put together more comprehensive FAQs and standardize the format. It'll take some work, but that's why we're here.

G

Old 12-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by GeoBau
Those who contributed will be receiving an upgrade. Whether it was a dollar or twenty, you answered the call and helped make this upgrade possible.

What we're attempting with this upgrade is a complete revamp of how this site operates. We're be focusing a lot more on technical topics and creating open discussions. With our new abilities, as well, we can put together more comprehensive FAQs and standardize the format. It'll take some work, but that's why we're here.

G
I'm liking the sound of this new and improved forum already and have a few subjects/test results/opinions to share in the future as well. Hopefully more info = more knowledge and better results for all.

Old 12-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
I've never known knowledge and eager minds to be a bad thing

Yet.

G

Old 12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
how much is it to be a premier member now?

Old 12-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
It has yet to be determined-- based upon the interest, sponsorships, etc. it will most likely range from $12/yr to $35/yr.

More to come.

G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.