G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Miserable Users

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by AmateuRN
When has it become acceptable to "really annoy anyone" on this public forum? You tell me. You can be very good at it

Does this exist on this forum? Yes
If so, who has the authority to place it on an account? Admins only

Has this ever been used on a member here? Yes

Why would you use this option over banning someone? Yes

My feedback on this is that it's childish. If you don't like someone, then settle it, not ban them or make them "miserable". Some members here are VERY good at straddling the line
My suggestion? I think it's time that mods and admins be reviewed. I think every 2 or 3 years there needs to be more "alumni". If you know what I mean. And other members step to be moderators.]If the community wants to review the staff then so be it but since before I was a mod, staff picks the mods and will continue to do so
Stirring the pot I see.

The following 2 users liked this post by TIAN:
bigc (12-20-2013), Jeff92se (01-02-2014)
Old 12-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Hold The Line

This along with other hacks like Tachy goes to Coventry

In my opinion, have no place on this forum. It's supposed to family. Families fight. They get over it. When did we stoop to this kind of level over political section posts or random bantering in threads?
I don't think we have this plugin so no worries

Old 12-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Hold The Line

Not stirring the pot. Getting some information. Please don't confuse a simple questioning of the system as anarchy, officer. Why are you so quick to jump on that wagon? People can't ask questions anymore?
I didn't list anyone, any circumstance, or anything specific. Simply trying to educate myself on how the forum is operated these days.

I did expect a little more detail from you, though.

If this is used here, how is it decided? Can one do this on their own, or is it discussed collaboratively in the admin section?
You can ask all the questions you want. I'm not one to shy away

What would you like me to elaborate on?

It's used very rarely. It can be discussed amongst mods or an admin can do it himself with no consent.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Really why does it matter? Almost everything you could ever need to know about the G35 has already been posted at one time or another (though you wouldn't think that due to the complete lack of searching from new members). Even if you are banned, all the information you could need, would still be accessible to you as a visitor. The only things that really require access are selling in the marketplace or pointless banter.

The selection of staff/mods has little difference in the overall flow of the forum. Really that lies umong the members population. The the average quality/intelligence of the active member pool decreses, so does the site.

Honest suggestion here. The best possible change that could be done to the site is the entire removal of the political section. There are too many stubborn personalities (myself included). Really there is very very little intelligent debate that ever goes on. Always someone says something so off-topic and off-base (either out of blind faith or pure ignorance) and thread spirals out of control. Then the pointless banter spills over into other sections of the site. I am an active member on mulitple public forums (about 12 in total of varying interests car, watches, guns, off roading, home improvement, ect) and by far all of the best run ones, forbid any political debate.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Hold The Line

Why wouldn't you just ban a user? If they are not a repeat offender. Even being "miserable" they can just make a new account - just like if they were banned.

How would one go about questioning this decision? Or beginning the process of removing this [childish] status?

Though, I can't "thank" the post above, for whatever reason, I second the notion to do away with the political section. Other forums delete any posts about politics stating there are other forums out there for that.
Sometimes members here know exactly how to push the limits without violating TOU. Therefore, no ban hammer. So, for the ones that insist teetering, then we have the MU option. Again, it has only been used a handful of times for a couple days. It's not permanent.

Questioning the decision of MU? You aren't on it and haven't ever been to my knowledge. It will not be removed as an option.

I will discuss the removal of the political section with staff. If it stays we will implement forum rules specifically for that section along with infractions

Old 12-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Hold The Line

I've sent plenty of PMs and warning non-infractions and it calms them down momentarily. amirite, AmateurRN, or amirite?

Old 12-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Really why does it matter? Almost everything you could ever need to know about the G35 has already been posted at one time or another (though you wouldn't think that due to the complete lack of searching from new members). Even if you are banned, all the information you could need, would still be accessible to you as a visitor. The only things that really require access are selling in the marketplace or pointless banter.

The selection of staff/mods has little difference in the overall flow of the forum. Really that lies umong the members population. The the average quality/intelligence of the active member pool decreses, so does the site.

Honest suggestion here. The best possible change that could be done to the site is the entire removal of the political section. There are too many stubborn personalities (myself included). Really there is very very little intelligent debate that ever goes on. Always someone says something so off-topic and off-base (either out of blind faith or pure ignorance) and thread spirals out of control. Then the pointless banter spills over into other sections of the site. I am an active member on mulitple public forums (about 12 in total of varying interests car, watches, guns, off roading, home improvement, ect) and by far all of the best run ones, forbid any political debate.
If the Political section is canned, I have no further reason to be here.

I know some of you would relish that.

But annoying someone by slowing and bogging down their participation here is just childish. It also shows the mentality/maturity of the administration here.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Hold The Line

If you cereal wanna talk real green tea with me, then yes. Momentarily. But remember what I said. When I own this forum, what's gonna happen?

At any rate, I think its a great idea to leave this thread up. Even sticky it. Members, especially those that are paying, need to know what things can be used to keep them quiet if they say something that offends a mod/admin.

Everyone be sure to stay in line, and hold hands.
I've never banned anyone here for annoying me or offending me. It's the internet.

Tex, MU has been an option since around 2005.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
If the Political section is canned, I have no further reason to be here.

I know some of you would relish that.

But annoying someone by slowing and bogging down their participation here is just childish. It also shows the mentality/maturity of the administration here.
That is a great example. Why participate in a G35 specific forum purely for political banter? You can be hard headed at times and have some valid insites at other times, but either way how does it benefit the G35 community? I admit I also get sucked into the pointless banter, but still my main reason for staying around is to try to pass along my VQ knowledge I have accumulated from 10 years and 3 Gs of ownership and modifications.

I use to really enjoy this forum quite some years ago when it was more performance and build oriented, regrettably so it has really gotten away from that. Maybe a temporary removal of political section for acouple months just to test if it helps increase the overall quality of threads. I am sure I will end up being permabanned eventually, so take my input as you may.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 12-20-2013 at 02:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Miserable Users