G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:02 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several times during the last upgrade process there were times when I could click the New Post button and get all the new posts like now but also get at the end a little notation that the following had not been updated since my last visit but still contained unread posts followed of course by those thread titles.

Can we turn this back on????? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

I love this site and I don't get to come here nearly as much because I end up being on here forever reading the new posts so that I don't miss a bunch of things just because I only had 20-30 minutes to read and didn't get to those threads. I miss Driver a bunch but it's not nearly as nice if I am getting on and missing things because they aren't marked as new anymore.

If this isn't a setting thing then I am bummed but if it is can someone either turn it on or tell me why it's off?

Old 01-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Premier Member

Ahh if I knew exactly what it is I would turn it back on..

Old 01-20-2006, 01:59 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Well POO! I don't know what it is exactly. Do you know what I am talking about at least? lol Guess I was hoping that was it so I could just explain it a little better and it would be solved.

Old 01-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Well POO! I don't know what it is exactly. Do you know what I am talking about at least? lol Guess I was hoping that was it so I could just explain it a little better and it would be solved.
Hi Hunny!
The best thing to do is go to your home settings, And hit new posts from there. That will give you all the posts from your last log in. You will not miss nothing. Forgive Kyle, He has to watch over the Zee boys at the other home.

Old 01-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See Cheryl I told he does read new posts... cause HIS new post thingy does work (for him) ..... lol

GEE PASTA - that method is for the challenged and peeps that have 26 hours in a day to go through to volume that goes through this board and anyway Cheryl is a high tech kinda gal who surfs in the left lane, not on the service road.....lol

Kyle - what I told ya this morning....... fahgetaboutit.... it was doing fine and then went back to misbehaving and even weirder ways later in the afternoon.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Florida G35 Club
With a smile on my face, IM not going to comment on your statement. I will say that you all do a good job and I thank you for that!

Old 01-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
With a smile on my face, IM not going to comment on your statement. I will say that you all do a good job and I thank you for that!
GP, pls chime in..... it's all good
Thanks for the comments

Old 01-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by O NO
GP, pls chime in..... it's all good
Thanks for the comments
There is no limit to perfection. The people here on driver have a way of reaching out and pushing the limits of perfection. IM very happy to be part of this forum and slowly getting to know the master minds behind this well run part of my everyday life. Your hard work goes not" noticed. I thank you, IM the winner here. Again, Thank you for your hard work. Dennis

Old 01-21-2006, 10:27 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Hi Hunny!
The best thing to do is go to your home settings, And hit new posts from there. That will give you all the posts from your last log in. You will not miss nothing. Forgive Kyle, He has to watch over the Zee boys at the other home.
Hi. I do that already but the problem is if you don't read through them all and then you log out the next time you log in it only shows you what was since you last logged in - not the ones you missed and hadn't read yet. It still isn't working for me but I will keep trying it to see.

These guys work really hard to fix this stuff and they do try - sometimes it isn't a doable request though.

Old 01-22-2006, 03:52 PM
I know what T_W's talking about. For a few days you could be on the site with a list of Search Results and if you went away and came back the posts you've read that had new posts would be noted. Additionally those posts you hadn't actually read were still there and available to read even if you walked away for a period of time, instead of getting the message that says "Sorry, no matches for your search.." or something like that. If I haven't been on in awhile and have a lot of pages in the New Posts Search Results, often by the time I read and respond to all the posts I want to the latter pages of the Search Results are no longer there. I feel like I'm under a time limit to get through them.

Cheryl: sometimes, if you wander from the site accidentally and lose your "New Posts" search you can get it back by looking in the History of your browser. Click on its link and your Search Results pages will be there. This doesn't help with the problem where you get the "Sorry, no matches..." message from being away too long.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:07 PM
My horns hold up my halo
^^^
Thanks! I'll give it a shot and see. Got messed up earlier today 'cause our internet went down while I was trying to get through the new posts. Means I likely missed part of the stuff from today. Oh well, got some housework done so it's all good.