G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

G35X Coupe???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35X Coupe???

Hey Everyone, I've looked through most of the threads and couldn't really find anything concrete on whether the 2008 coupe will be lauched with an AWD option?? I live in the Northeast & that has been the only thing stoping me from buying the G35 coupe for the last 3-4. I've toyed with buying the Sedan because the AWD is an available option, but I always liked the coupe so much more. I'm hoping / praying that this is an option on the new model. If anybody can confirm or deny I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Old 10-13-2006, 06:22 PM
dude good luck. lol. ive been here for quite some time and been in the same predicament. but hey you never know. im thinking about settling and just getting rwd. even though subarus are so fun

Old 10-13-2006, 06:25 PM
wait for the GT-R

Old 10-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Garyv01
wait for the GT-R
+1^

Old 10-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Garyv01
wait for the GT-R
and start saving now buddy. lol

whats the price its lookin at? 90k?

Old 10-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I was afraid of responses just like these I just don't understand why they don't offer the option on the coupe. I'm sure it is some complicated / technical reason that is way outside my comprehension as far as cars go, but it is real frustrating!! I would love to get the GT-R but that is WAY out of my price range. Anyway, if someone could put it in simple terms why they think or know why AWD is not an option on the coupe I would love to hear it. (Same thing with BMW's new coupe...If you want the AWD you get stuck with some crappy base engine instead of the twin turbo, which doesn't make any sense if you are spending that type of money for a SPORTS car) If not, thanks for the reply everyone & I will go back to the drawing board again

Old 10-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by G35hopefully
Hey Everyone, I've looked through most of the threads and couldn't really find anything concrete on whether the 2008 coupe will be lauched with an AWD option?? I live in the Northeast & that has been the only thing stoping me from buying the G35 coupe for the last 3-4. I've toyed with buying the Sedan because the AWD is an available option, but I always liked the coupe so much more. I'm hoping / praying that this is an option on the new model. If anybody can confirm or deny I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!
same here, that would be awesome

Old 10-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I was afraid of responses just like these I just don't understand why they don't offer the option on the coupe. I'm sure it is some complicated / technical reason that is way outside my comprehension as far as cars go, but it is real frustrating!! I would love to get the GT-R but that is WAY out of my price range. Anyway, if someone could put it in simple terms why they think or know why AWD is not an option on the coupe I would love to hear it. (Same thing with BMW's new coupe...If you want the AWD you get stuck with some crappy base engine instead of the twin turbo, which doesn't make any sense if you are spending that type of money for a SPORTS car) If not, thanks for the reply everyone & I will go back to the drawing board again
The big reason as always is weight. The coupe comes in a very hefty weight for a 2 door as is! As for BMW it's a weight and reliability issue.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:37 PM
some would take the weight, especially when they come from a snowy paradise made for AWDrift

Old 10-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just throw some winter's on.. and your good to go. that's what i do. if u say u don't want to bother with winter's... well.. assuming if the coupe came with awd... i'm sure it would still be fitted with summer tires.. therefore changing them out for snow is inevitable.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:27 PM
winters. on a rwd. throw some cement bags in the back too for weight. perhaps some chains, and you might just get lucky and not slide. PSH. awd is where its at. anything else in the snow your looking for problems.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:38 PM
actually when i had snows in my coupe, it did perfectly fine in snow...

Old 10-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Anyway, if someone could put it in simple terms why they think or know why AWD is not an option on the coupe I would love to hear it.
Because they know everyone will put blowers or turbos on them and their awd is not capable of handling 800 hp.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Samson
Because they know everyone will put blowers or turbos on them and their awd is not capable of handling 800 hp.

word, id be pissed if I had my driveshaft and differentials shatter. lol

Old 10-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
OK.. a little birdy whispered in my ear....

The reason that the coupe release was delayed from April to August;
was....(drum roll pleaase) .... to buy more time for AWD

If my little bird is right, the new coupe will come with an AWD option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35X Coupe???