G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

G37 Revealed, how bout a Concept Makeover?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CtK
interior is exactly the same as the sedan
pics are available at the Edmunds.com links
Not entirely true. Door panels are different (much, much better than the sedan; the grab handles are awesome) and the seats are more supportive, just like the old coupe. Otherwise the interior is exactly the same.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Old 03-21-2007, 03:09 AM
Those wheels kinda suck too, its seems they tried to do everything in the concept except rounded off including the wheels. Someone should just tell them u cant improve on perfection (exterior look). But i am all for the new inside and engine.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is really another Altima coupe. Does anyone know where the pics of the interior are? That car better be SUPER F**king fast because they KILLED the exterior appeal.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:52 AM
Call the Cops
interior is awesome.. and so is the engine

the styling is just not sporty enough
the front end looks bad.. and so does the rear
what the hell is this

the main reason why the current G looks so nice is because of the stance.. and the sleek styling

i have to see this in person

Old 03-21-2007, 05:07 AM
interior and engine = good. Exterior = disgusting. I keep looking at it and it doesn't get any better. They ruined it. The concept was sick, this sucks ballz. The front end is horrrrible. thumbs downnn!!!!!

Old 03-21-2007, 05:26 AM
mrb
I think it's fine. I'm more concerned with how it drives, power, handling, etc.
If Edmunds is right then it is rolling with the new Bimmer and that is good in my book, especially for the price. I'm happy with what I see so far. I drove the new Sedan and I think the newer clutch is much better than the previous model.
I will be honest and say that I'm a function over form guy in respect to cars.
If Edmunds isn't bull****ting then I think this car is going to be a nice step forward. I wouldn't drop 30-40 grand just for looks....it sounds like this car is going to be excellent bang for the buck.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Here is the video

http://www.automobilemag.com/multime...iti_g37_coupe/

I gotta say the 07 Sedan looks so much better than the 08 coupe, thats just against the laws of nature. It not supposed to be that way. The video does seem like the 08 G coupe is fast as hell thou, don't know if it will make up for the looks. Maybe like the chick you take home from the club that doesn't look that hot but does some other things very well!!

Oh well maybe the 09 coupe will be hot!

Last edited by KDG35; 03-21-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by top
I'm not too good with Photoshop, but I added the concept front bumper to the G37:

maybe...good attempt though....

Old 03-21-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm so relieved that the new coupe is ... well how should I put it ... not so good looking. I was worried about the current coupe's value going down when the new one comes out but with the new one being ... "worse" looking I do believe our cars will keep their value. Which means that I most likely get to keep my car.

I hate the new look, it doesn't look agressive, it looks very solara like to me. I dont know why I just don't like how they pulled the lights in the back and in the front.

As for the interior, yes it is much nicer, but I got to drive an 07 sedan yesterday (I got it as a loaner) and I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. I guess my expectations were just higher but anyway here is what I posted in my local forum after driving the 07 sedan for a day:

1) The red display screen looks ... odd. Reminds me of an Audi. The gauges definitely look better, I love the fact that they added a little blue to them.
2) The climate control, still confusing as hell, I never liked the current Gs climate control and really hoped they will change it because seriously most people can't figure it out when they get in the car and they end up asking me for instructions. I think they should have gotten rid of the "MODE" button and come up with something a little more intuitive.
3) The clock’s location = :thumbsup:
4) The stereo's buttons light up in purple underneath, I’m sorry but I find that a very unpleasant to look at and consider this ... I'm a girl!!!
5) The heated seats buttons are the same, still in the middle of "no where" they totally should have moved them together with the rest of the climate controls.
6) One thing that I definitely DO like is the fact that they finally moved the MPG, Average Speed, etc to a separate screen so that the people w/out navigation can have them as well.
7) Steering wheel controls = :thumbsdown:, I think the old ones were much better, these new ones look cheap.
Again I'm not saying it sucks, I'm just saying it is worse than I expected, but again better than the current one for sure.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Can some of you photoediting gurus post up pics of the new coupe next to a pic of the old coupe, in the same "poses". I really want to see the two of them side-by-side to make a better comparisson.

thank you

Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Good job infiniti......!!!! You've designed a tiberon on steriods.....looks like SHI!T! Glad I got my loaded 330I when I did.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know what it is, but the new coupe is, as most have mentioned, disappointing. If you look at the specific parts, they look alright by themselves, but once you put them all together, the total package reminds me of a Chevy Impala....with that long and heavy look without any signs of aggression.

One good thing is that with the 2008 Coupes, our coupes might turn into a real classic!

Thank you Infiniti for making me love my 2006 coupe more! I'm glad I didn't wait the extra months to get the 2008 coupe!!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove my Coupe to work today (usually drive the old 300ZX every day to the office). Damn, my G looks so good.

New 20" Volk GT-7's at the end of April too.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
)': the concept looked sooo much better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 Revealed, how bout a Concept Makeover?