G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe
View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts Now That You Have Seen It In Person?
Disappointed by pics and disappointed in real life.
31.30%
Disappointed by pics and now like it.
21.37%
Liked the pics and disappointed in real life.
7.25%
Liked the pics and like it just the same now.
40.08%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

For Those That Have Seen The G37 In Person

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure I like it but still love my 2003 G coupe better - To me a trade wouldn't be a huge upgrade, I'd rather wait for the turbo version or the convertible a couple years from now and ignore all that foolish hype and keep and enjoy what I have since it's still way better than most...All is relative.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:14 PM
I love the new G .. i was always a fan of the 1st gen but the interior on the 2008 is simply amazing

Old 06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I haven't seen it in person, so I didn't vote, but from the pics I've seen and what I've read, I am not that impressed, nor am I sold. The original concept pics looked a lot better, as did the one I saw in a video on here recently of concepts. Also, if I were to trade, I would want at least 50 more HP and, more importantly, more torque. The new G37 makes, what, 2 more lb/ft of torque than our G35s? I'm sorry, but with my 6mt, I don't feel like I'm driving a torquey car off the line; maybe if I rev it up and drop the clutch, but I have yet to try it and would not do it on a regular basis anyway... As much as I like my G, I think my next car is going to have a V-8 or a V-6 with a roots-style supercharger for instant, off-the-line torque.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:00 AM
^^ You sound like a good candidate for a 335. Great car (although with faults of its own). Lots of torque, but hopefully you won't miss the high end power that the G37 will provide. Then again, the bimmer has alot of cheap aftermarket go-fast options.

Like everything else though, once you solve your torque issue, you'll have something else to complain about (reliability, bad ergonomics, etc).

Check out the new Corvette too. 430 horsepower now (2008)

Good Luck and post pics!!

Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Yes, but I think those might be slightly out of reach for my budget and I need some cargo room, so the vette is definitely out. I'm still trying to catch up on payments for my current G, so unless I can break even down the road and drive a beater for a year or two to save up (doubt I could make myself; LOL), that probably won't happen. However, the new Camaro is looking temping right now, assuming GM doesn't screw up the design like they typically do (the concept G6 vs. production G6 comes to mind--what a disappointment that was!). We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by fldrummer; 06-08-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:28 PM
i saw the red37 at stillen in la and thought it was pretty sweet. I liked it a whole lot better than the pics.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
As per Mucarel's request, here is a post for people that have seen the G37 in person. PLEASE NOTE, if you HAVE NOT seen the G37 in person, DO NOT VOTE!!!!

Btw, I have made this vote public so we'll know who has voted......please do not vote unless you have seen this car in person at the NYIAS!

Mamma mia if there are people out there that actually liked the pics & dissappointed when seeing the G37c in person all I have to say is do you have eyes? Honestly the avg. person had to be very dissappointed with the pics, and I'm hoping its going to be better than expected when I see the car in person!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
From a '06 G35c owner.........

Saw it the other day and it does indeed look better in person, vs pictures. It is a little too bulky for my tastes and seems to be going a bit "mainstream" with the design. It has lost what made the previous G coupe, the *rebel* in the Infiniti lineup. It looks like a softer dough-boy like older brother.

I'd say one of the biggest faults of this car is the wheel selection. Couldn't Infiniti come up with a better design, rather than making the 19's look like they should be in a kitchen somewhere, making upside-down pineapple cake? I bet we will see some different wheel options being offered for '09.

The interior definitely is an improvement from the G35. This, with the engine, are two nice upgrades over the G35. Since we spend most of our time INSIDE vehicles, this would be a big factor for me.

All in all, still a very nice car and these things wouldn't stop me from buying it. But I think if you have a newer G35c, there is no reason to uprade at all. I would definitely consider the G37 if I were shopping for a luxury sports coupe though. Actually, it would probably be my choice

Old 08-09-2007, 10:46 AM
It's not that I am disappointed in the car, but I just don't feel any real aww over it.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:27 PM
The car is definitely much better in person. Pictures don't do it justice. Even the smaller spoiler and rear end that I thought looked lame look awesome in person. At least it did on the red one I saw last night in St. Louis.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:52 PM
i went and looked at it and drove it and all i can say is the car is a lot faster than my old coupe and that was the automatic that i drove and my coupe was a six speed and all i can say is the car drove lovely and it was quiet as hell, my fiancee road in the back and all she could keep saying was the exhaust was incredible and from the driver side seat i could barely hear it the car is 9 out of 10 to me because nothing is perfect, i recommend people upgrade but thats just me lol

Old 08-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Very Dissappointed With G37c Exterior 6.5 Out Of 10

Originally Posted by goingtopless1
i went and looked at it and drove it and all i can say is the car is a lot faster than my old coupe and that was the automatic that i drove and my coupe was a six speed and all i can say is the car drove lovely and it was quiet as hell, my fiancee road in the back and all she could keep saying was the exhaust was incredible and from the driver side seat i could barely hear it the car is 9 out of 10 to me because nothing is perfect, i recommend people upgrade but thats just me lol
Originally Posted by MaximaPower
wat gives???

nothing new on infiniti.com either

Anyhow to say the least the G37c arrived at Willowdale Infiniti(Toronto) just the other day on the 13th & honestly I was right..the pics were right..very dissappointed with the looks of the car! Simply merely a facelift from the previous generation. Nothing sexy, nothing attractive about it. It looks unfinished nor incomplete. It looks too much like the previous generation. If they had designed it anything close to the damn concept than it would be one hell of a nice looking vehicle. This car will not be anymore successful or see any increase in sales whatsoever compared to when the G35c generation rolled out on 2003. This car will not do as well I can assure you. They ruined the car! What did they do? What were the JAPS thinking? They put more effort & engineering and time in to the new G35 Sedan than the G37c.

7.0 max out of 10

I think I will be moving over to the BMW 335i which is 10-15g's that much better in all respects..

When I bought my 03 G35c I would have literally rated it no less than 9 out of 10. Now of course there are too many on the street. But when the car was launched released there wasnt a single sole that would not look at the car. The car got a lot of attention and praise..it was the sexiest car on the road in 2003. It was refined and very sharp and bold looking. It has character. As for the 08 G37c will see nothing near this success..

So dissappointed I cannot stress any more..Im certain may consumers would agree with me here..

Old 08-16-2007, 05:42 AM
^^ agreeedd.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by G35CoupeToronto
They ruined the car! What did they do? What were the JAPS thinking?
Was it really that bad looking?

Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I dont know what these people who say that the new G37 is a dissapointment, they must be crazy. I just saw a black SPORT and man, this car is beautiful. It made me wish i didnt get rid of my MDX 6 months ago and get the sedan, because i loved the G35 coupe from teh day it came out. I just hated the plain interior it had. THe G37 is everything that my 07 sedan is and its a coupe, its SOOOOOOOOOO HOT. I know its alittle more money, and not much faster then the current model, but it is soo much nicer looking, and sportier then the G35. I deff love what they did to it, and think this car will sell like HOTCAKES.

A+ for effort in the change, B+ for the fact that its more money, and not much faster even with 330hp. Still wouldnt get a bimmer, cause its smaller and 15 grand more money.
wg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Those That Have Seen The G37 In Person