G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

G37 too much hyped?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 too much hyped?

So much expectation for relatively few changes. althought the new G37 is improved, its front design is a copycat of the 07 G35 sedan - 32 extra horses from the previous model doesn't justify a trade unless you can't live without that new car smell...

Old 05-15-2007, 04:59 PM
You must be jokin, ever heard the phrase, if it broke dont fix it, G35 is a classic and They didnt wanna go totally crazy and make some all new wierd design, they took previous design cues and made it pretty different, Its got a all new engine, all new technological interior, and I think it looks hot, Its a lot more than a New Car Smell I would say

Old 05-15-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah, it's all a big hype, but I'm buying one anyway!!!!!!!! woot!

Old 05-15-2007, 05:40 PM
I hardly think that the new G37 is all about a copycat headlight and more horsepower. VVEL is a huge addition to Infiniti's lineup. It is not only producing more power, but will also save us a few dollars at the gas pump. This is huge with the ever-increasing prices at the tank. Not to mention, the car will not run out of breath when it reaches redline, trust me, this makes the car a lot more fun to drive. The suspension is all new from what I'm understood and so is the stereo system.

How about the brakes? These new brakes are HUGE. Try and purchasing a pair of Brembros and see how much they cost. A revised transmission...Yes, the body design is similar, but look at the thread on here where there are direct comparisons. IT IS really quite a difference. It is thoughtful.

Here is an example:
The 99 (E36) M3 was boxier and so was the E30. The E46 came along and rounded off all the edges and made arguably the best looking M3 to date. Yes, even better than the up and coming new M3. The need for this type of evolution is to keep up with the trends. At that time, cars were rounded off and thanks to cars like the Audi TT, "round" was ok. But now, it is celebrated as one of the most significant car designs in ages. The G37 took the G35 and rounded some of the edges, hence keep it looking updated with new car models. As beautiful as the G35 was, some of its lines are looking dated compared to some of the newer models. Yes, it is still better looking than the same models that make it look dated, but Infiniti just took the G35 and polished it off.

I would HARDLY call the G37 purchase justified by a new car smell. I dont mean this in a negative manner, but maybe you can't justify the value of your current G (due to depreciation, as little as that may be) compared to the new price of the G37. But I'm sure you will see that you may sit in a minority. Either way, best of luck to you. As for me, the new G35 sedan and G37 coupe are the cars that will FINALLY bring me into the Infiniti family. To me, that says something.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:44 PM
The new engine got some reserves!

Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I don't like it but at the same time would not consider it a copy-cat at all.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:18 PM
its amazing how much time infiniti spent with the G37
vs the time nissan spent with the Altima coupe...

kinda makes the G37 look like a mid year refresh.

ppp

Old 05-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Initial G
I hardly think that the new G37 is all about a copycat headlight and more horsepower. VVEL is a huge addition to Infiniti's lineup. It is not only producing more power, but will also save us a few dollars at the gas pump. This is huge with the ever-increasing prices at the tank. Not to mention, the car will not run out of breath when it reaches redline, trust me, this makes the car a lot more fun to drive. The suspension is all new from what I'm understood and so is the stereo system.

How about the brakes? These new brakes are HUGE. Try and purchasing a pair of Brembros and see how much they cost. A revised transmission...Yes, the body design is similar, but look at the thread on here where there are direct comparisons. IT IS really quite a difference. It is thoughtful.

Here is an example:
The 99 (E36) M3 was boxier and so was the E30. The E46 came along and rounded off all the edges and made arguably the best looking M3 to date. Yes, even better than the up and coming new M3. The need for this type of evolution is to keep up with the trends. At that time, cars were rounded off and thanks to cars like the Audi TT, "round" was ok. But now, it is celebrated as one of the most significant car designs in ages. The G37 took the G35 and rounded some of the edges, hence keep it looking updated with new car models. As beautiful as the G35 was, some of its lines are looking dated compared to some of the newer models. Yes, it is still better looking than the same models that make it look dated, but Infiniti just took the G35 and polished it off.

I would HARDLY call the G37 purchase justified by a new car smell. I dont mean this in a negative manner, but maybe you can't justify the value of your current G (due to depreciation, as little as that may be) compared to the new price of the G37. But I'm sure you will see that you may sit in a minority. Either way, best of luck to you. As for me, the new G35 sedan and G37 coupe are the cars that will FINALLY bring me into the Infiniti family. To me, that says something.
QFT

Those who think the G37 is like a "refresh" or "copycat" clearly don't have any concept of engineering.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:05 PM
so i think what they are trying to say is..
shut up stefanzo! you don't know what you are talking about! lol

Old 05-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Apparently some people need a pair of glasses, just compare the front end of the new G35 sedan and the G37 they are exactly the same. When it comes to the older G's there was a clear distinction between the sedan and the coupe.
Not that all that matters much, I started that thread to see what reactions I would get. and no I won't shut up, forums are a way to voice your opinions right or wrong....

Old 05-16-2007, 12:15 AM
The front end of the coupe is different from the Sedan. When they arrive at dealerships, look at them both and you will clearly see a difference. The difference is even apparent in the pictures. The front end may be similar but not "exactly the same"- sorry.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:59 AM
This thread seems to be just another G35 bashing of the G37. Yes, there is much hype, but it is in the spirit of enthusiasm and appreciation for the car, nothing more, nothing less.

Will the G37 out-shine the G35, of course it will. It is simply evolution to bigger and better, as it should be. Don't get me wrong, the G35 is a great car, but it is dated. Understandingly, change hurts, particularly when you're no longer the king of the roost. This seems to be evident in most car forums, owners of the previous generation bash the new model. After all, it sort of hurts the ego when you're driving the "old" car. Perhaps convincing yourself in what several G35 owners perceive...the G35 will be a "classic", will help ease the discomfort. Hate to break the news, but not one of these, nor any Infiniti for that matter, will be a "classic".

Old 05-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by DropTopGal
This thread seems to be just another G35 bashing of the G37. Yes, there is much hype, but it is in the spirit of enthusiasm and appreciation for the car, nothing more, nothing less.

Will the G37 out-shine the G35, of course it will. It is simply evolution to bigger and better, as it should be. Don't get me wrong, the G35 is a great car, but it is dated. Understandingly, change hurts, particularly when you're no longer the king of the roost. This seems to be evident in most car forums, owners of the previous generation bash the new model. After all, it sort of hurts the ego when you're driving the "old" car. Perhaps convincing yourself in what several G35 owners perceive...the G35 will be a "classic", will help ease the discomfort. Hate to break the news, but not one of these, nor any Infiniti for that matter, will be a "classic".
Couldnt have said it better myself . My 68 fastback is a classic - all new cars are simply depreciating assets.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Imagine the disappointment when they try to sell their cars 10 years from now and are only offered $4k. Ahhh, some people just can't appreciate a classic car like the 1st gen G.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
The G37 did have too much hype to it. Does this mean its a failure? Not even close. I believe its going to go very good for the G37, just not as much to us enthusiast who have fallen in love so much with the now "classic" lines of the G35.

I really like the G37, but the lines & curves of the G35 are unique.

G35 owners, we have history in our hands. Our G35 will become even more charished

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 too much hyped?