G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Debating on color, inputs please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm torn between Platinum Graphite and Black. It's like choosing between a beautiful blond and a gorgeous brunette. Since I can't afford a "threesome", this will be a tough choice for me.

My 04 G is Diamond Graphite and it hides dirt, even bird droppings well. Black would be a nice change from that.... but it would also be kinda cool to keep things the same color and only change the car itself.

PG would show the subtle lines of the car better but since I like the overall shape but am less sure of the subtle lines, maybe OB would be better to bury the lines but keep the overall shape distinct. Also, the grill and headlights look great on a black car (but I'll have to do something about that orange lamp segment).

I'll just wait until I see the two colors in person. I figure I'll know which is for me once I see them. I also haven't ruled out that purple-tinged amethyst graphite. It might look cool in different light, and it would make my car far less common among the G's I'm sure.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by lightspeed
I'm torn between Platinum Graphite and Black. It's like choosing between a beautiful blond and a gorgeous brunette. Since I can't afford a "threesome", this will be a tough choice for me.

My 04 G is Diamond Graphite and it hides dirt, even bird droppings well. Black would be a nice change from that.... but it would also be kinda cool to keep things the same color and only change the car itself.

PG would show the subtle lines of the car better but since I like the overall shape but am less sure of the subtle lines, maybe OB would be better to bury the lines but keep the overall shape distinct. Also, the grill and headlights look great on a black car (but I'll have to do something about that orange lamp segment).

I'll just wait until I see the two colors in person. I figure I'll know which is for me once I see them. I also haven't ruled out that purple-tinged amethyst graphite. It might look cool in different light, and it would make my car far less common among the G's I'm sure.
You can't go wrong with either color, they are both awesome. Good luck on making a decision!

Old 07-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I feel your pain... I started off thinking I would get red for sure (my first new car was red so it has some sentimental value plus it looks awesome when clean) but a few of my friends said bad things about red ... (its a girl color, or its for people that want attention)

So then I was thinking about blue slate, but in some light it has kind of a purple tint.... then I saw the white photos and wanted white.

Now im considering diamond graphite and black. LOL... i think it would be easier if i could see the car in person with these colors

Last edited by beestea; 07-15-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Speaking of colors... what is the color of the car on the Infiniti site and all the other press photos and the initial test photos? Is it diamond graphite? Why do they look so different from the sedan in diamond graphite?

Old 07-16-2007, 03:23 AM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by beestea
Speaking of colors... what is the color of the car on the Infiniti site and all the other press photos and the initial test photos? Is it diamond graphite? Why do they look so different from the sedan in diamond graphite?
It should either be platinum graphite or amethyst graphite. I personally believe that it may be platinum graphite. The lighting can change the color of the car... just take a look at Blue Slate.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by WasabiPossum
Don't know if it applies to Infiniti cars during transport, but some owners of Taffy White Civic Si's on the 8thcivic forum stated that their "pesky" rust dots/spots were the result of RAIL transport from the Canadian plant that assembles Si versions of the new Civics.

I'm still a' goin' for IP on the G37, and here in Coastal Georgia I think I'll be worrying more about FREE Deposits from Brown Pelicans, Herring Gulls, White Egrets and the infamous 'Great Blue Heron,' perhaps the most insidious Giant Pooper of them all!
My wife has a white Lexus RX and it has the same rust spots, so not sure about the rail part.

I'm going to disagree on the Blue Heron statement. Everyone knows a sick, pollution-digesting, new york city pigeon is the worst offender. That stuff can burn through anything.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Guys thanks for all your help.... Owning the Black G35 at the moment, keeping it clean, sone chips (Front bumper is mess). Blue slate is a different color, so keeping it in mind... The IP, with 15% tints, and nice set of volks... uumm.. nice tints and rims, i know make any car good.. But appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:11 PM
BS w/Graphite but the Liq. Platinum w/Graphite is very close second.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by beestea
I think it's platinum graphite as Yimbie said. Diamond graphite was the equivalent color for the 03-07 G35 I think -- whereas platinum graphite is the color's current name for the G37. At least this is my understanding.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Banned
Lp with the light gray interior is Hot!Looked really good at the NY car show plus it hides chips,light scratches and swirls. Some call that color the"lazy man special"