G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

so this is officially an '08 model.?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so this is officially an '08 model.?

after reading the comments from the Infiniti guy, Igo(?), it seems as if a new g35 sedan remodel will come in '07 and this coupe will come in '08.

if so, thats purrrrfect. it gives me enough time to pay off my '05 and save u enouh money to buy this new one in ca$h...yeah!

Old 01-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by thejared
after reading the comments from the Infiniti guy, Igo(?), it seems as if a new g35 sedan remodel will come in '07 and this coupe will come in '08.

if so, thats purrrrfect. it gives me enough time to pay off my '05 and save u enouh money to buy this new one in ca$h...yeah!
sedan will be revealed in April at some auto show, then come out in the Fall of this year as an 07 model. the coupe will probably come out a year later, same as what happened with the current generation of sedan/coupe.

i'm in the same shoes as you. i picked up an 05 last June and am on a 3.5 year lease, which means i'll be in line for an '09 model. since i'd never buy the 1st year of any model, this would work out if i choose to pick up another coupe.

Old 01-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kubr1ck
sedan will be revealed in April at some auto show, then come out in the Fall of this year as an 07 model. the coupe will probably come out a year later, same as what happened with the current generation of sedan/coupe.

i'm in the same shoes as you. i picked up an 05 last June and am on a 3.5 year lease, which means i'll be in line for an '09 model. since i'd never buy the 1st year of any model, this would work out if i choose to pick up another coupe.
Well, that's not like it will be the first year, the platform is still the same if it's a G35, the '03 G35's were a completely different car for Infiniti, completely!

Old 01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
I suspect the coupe will come out 6 months after the sedan in spring of 07 as an 08 model

Old 01-14-2006, 10:40 PM
damn,, i cant wait that long!!

Old 01-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Could be an 07 or an 08 model.

Originally Posted by blackcode
damn,, i cant wait that long!!
You and me both. Honestly though, I suspect were looking at the coupe release in either November 06 as a 2007 model, or at the latest June/July 2007 as a 2008 model. Either way, I'll be ready to upgrade. God Bless America!

Old 01-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 will be an epic year for all of nissans fans:

the sentra se-r will be released
the new altima se-r will probably be released
the gt-r will be released
the new g35c will be out

Old 01-20-2006, 10:33 PM
yeah boy! it better come out soon. or... i know im gonna use that money on other stuff .
theres no way its gonna come out in 07. it has to come out end of 06 as 07model.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Here's something from the Detroit News ...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...58/1364/AUTO04

"The redesigned 2007 G35 coupe will be unveiled in April at the New York auto show. Mark Igo, Infiniti's vice president and general manager, said the automaker will likely borrow some elements from the concept but isn't planning to put it into production."

Maybe the writer meant the G35 sedan??? Based upon timing of the GT-R, I would seriously doubt Infiniti would release 2 coupes in the same model year. You might steal some sales of the GT-R to the G35c (those who are budget-minded ... if you can fathom that.) So I would predict the 2nd gen G35c would be released shortly after the G35 sedan. Jan 2007?

My $0.02 ... waiting for some sort of announcement by mid-late summer 2006.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
Here's something from the Detroit News ...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...58/1364/AUTO04

"The redesigned 2007 G35 coupe will be unveiled in April at the New York auto show. Mark Igo, Infiniti's vice president and general manager, said the automaker will likely borrow some elements from the concept but isn't planning to put it into production."

Maybe the writer meant the G35 sedan??? Based upon timing of the GT-R, I would seriously doubt Infiniti would release 2 coupes in the same model year. You might steal some sales of the GT-R to the G35c (those who are budget-minded ... if you can fathom that.) So I would predict the 2nd gen G35c would be released shortly after the G35 sedan. Jan 2007?

My $0.02 ... waiting for some sort of announcement by mid-late summer 2006.
That was a miss quote of Mark Igo... sedan only at NYIAS in April.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
That was a miss quote of Mark Igo... sedan only at NYIAS in April.
I dont think so. If that is a miss quote, that is one fricken HUGE mistake. Most of the article refers to and discusses the 'coupe'. If the article is inaccurate, I would think Infiniti or someone would do something to correct it.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:31 PM
I agree ... that would be huge mistake of a misquote ... however, I'm not so sure Infiniti would want to co-release the new sedan and coupe at the same time.

It's already been confirmed the 2007 sedan will debut in NY Autoshow. It's still totally speculation the coupe will debut. Is there a major show in the summer? (Chicago autoshow is right after Detroit ... I doubt they'd surprise the world with the production 2nd gen G35c that soon!)

Tokyo's show is like November ... no way they would release it then and have it available in January. But then again ... if it does show in Tokyo 2006, then it might be out in March-April as a mid-year model. (I would be deeply depressed if it does ... I'll need a car for the fall ...

Old 01-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Z2G
i think it's a good move for infiniti to revamp the sedan since there's fresh, new competition to the g35 sedan....new tl and esp. the lexus is350. however, as others have mentioned, it doesn't make much business-sense if they revamp the hugely successful coupe at the same time they are releasing the gt-r. although the concept coupe looks awesome, i think it would also be a huge mistake if they assimilated the whole concept look to the actual production coupe. it will make the current coupe out-dated and resale values will plummet.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Z2G
it will make the current coupe out-dated and resale values will plummet.
Looking at the Concept -- you know it derives its lines from the current gen g35c. I'm not sure how much the resale value will necessarily plummet, per se. But in this very competitive (niche) market, by becoming complacent, that's when you will lose potential customers. Lexus is around the corner. BMW is out there. MB has their SLK (not really in the same niche ... since it is a true roadster).

Now ... what will be interesting at the price point for the new g35c. Will there be a hardtop convertible? Is Infiniti moving upscale to compete with MB, Volvo (C70 convertible I saw at the Autoshow was very nice), etc? Most important thing to me is that the lines don't change to me and the interior gets upgraded (please get rid of orange display and be more blue ... orange reminds me too much of Pontiac ... not an upscale luxury brand)

Old 01-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Not sure if the sedan will come out in 2007, talk to a manager at the local Infiniti dealership and he told me the only vehicle there getting that is new, is the re-designed FX model.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: so this is officially an '08 model.?