General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Forged Performance: Open House Photo Coverage. LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Forged Performance: Open House Photo Coverage. LOOK!!

This past Saturday we hosted our 7th Annual Open House and Dyno Day which draws sports car enthusiasts from all over the South East. In years past, we did virtually no advertising or promotion of the event and usually gave everyone about 3-4 weeks notice. As Forged has grown, our ambition has grown and we wanted to create an event that was commensurate with the caliber of people and the scope of our capabilities at Forged; we wanted this to be much more than a "Dyno Day".

To that end, we recruited a live professional DJ, made the arrangements to have Grand Champion BBQ supply their award winning BBQ for lunch all at no charge to attendees. That's right...who said there was no such thing as a free lunch let alone a Grand Champion BBQ lunch! We approached many local and national suppliers and secured some phenomenal support from them for our raffle. The raffle stations were a popular spot especially with some terrific prizes including a Cobb Accessport, a Competition Clutch/Flywheel kit, a complete Forged Performance Spec Dyno Tune, T-Shirts, and Gift Cards, a Photoshoot by Chad@Forged, and much more. We couldn't have partnered with a better group of companies.

• Cobb Tuning
• Competition Clutch
• Mountain Motorsports
• WOW Motorcycles
• Andretti's Kart Racing
• Sound Sensations
• Jokers Audio

The hard work and effort of the entire Forged staff paid off, with well over 500 people in attendance and 34 total cars dyno'd this year. Without a doubt, this year's Forged Performance Open House and Dyno Day was by far the largest event ever held at our shop. Even more impressive than the attendance numbers was the quality of cars and people that attended...I am talking car show quality vehicles and high powered machines were everywhere. The event was advertised to start at 10am but by 9:30am the parking lot was quickly reaching capacity! This was when I knew this years Open House was going to top all others. As the day rolled on groups of cars and people continued to pour into our location and signed up to make dyno pulls and enter the raffle give away.

The Lexus LFA that we had on display was without a doubt one of the biggest attractions of the day. Every time it was started it was mobbed by on lookers holding smart phones and cameras trying to capture the mind melting exhuast note the LFA is notorious for.

At 1pm Grand Champion BBQ showed up with lunch. Personally, I had two plates even though I was more than full after one. The food was just too good to not have seconds! The GC BBQ team brought 300 paper plates, and quickly ran out! With a second trip to the smoker, they were able to supply more than enough food to feed these hungry mouths.

After lunch we decided it was time to get the LFA warmed up and strapped to our Dyno Dynamics Dyno. The night before we had removed the carbon fiber under panels so that we would have access to areas to safely secure this priceless super car. Roy and Sharif are good friends, and it didn't take much coaxing for Roy to allow him to spin the #003 Lexus to it's 9000rpm redline!

From experience, we knew that simple firing the engine of the LFA draws crowds and cameras from all directions. And an LFA on a dyno...absolute mayhem! The crowd quickly reached 6 rows deep with arms extended and everyone trying to position their camera lenses for a clear view. As the LFA's wing began to rise we knew the moment was coming and with each quick throttle blip the anticipation grew. After a few slight dips of the throttle, and with Sharif at the controls of the car and the dyno, he lets it rip in 4th gear all the way to 145mph and the hand built V10's 9000rpm rev limit. One word: Beethoven. Nothing can prepare you for the intoxicating medley of sounds that the LFA produces at full song. The crowd literally burst into applause...simply magnificent!

After the full dyno pull was completed and every one regained their composure from that exhaust note we saw that the LFA put down a respectful 451whp on our heart-breaker Dyno Dynamics. This was enough to earn the highest WHP in the naturally aspirated category!

The rest of the day was spent cycling cars on and off the dyno and socializing with friends and customers alike. I tried my best to capture as much of the day as I could via photos or video but it was not the easiest task with so many friends and customers around. The entire atmosphere of our Open House was very upbeat and positive through out the day thanks to the constant tunes being pumped through the large speakers and the great people in attendance. The feedback we have received in person, on forums and our
Facebook Post
has been nothing but astonishing!

I hope everyone enjoys my photo coverage of the event, stay tuned for another thread later this week with my video coverage!

Caesar@Forged's paws were tired from signing the autographs.

The last dyno pull was completed around 8pm Saturday night and when the dust settled, Andrew took home the trophy for the highest HP in the Forced Induction Category with his flame spitting GT-R!

Thanks to my friend Lee for the awesome video of Andrew's GT-R spitting hot fire on the dyno!

Last edited by Chadbee@Forged; 11-08-2011 at 02:26 PM.