General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Possible Timing Chain / Transmission Problems 2003 G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Possible Timing Chain / Transmission Problems 2003 G35 Sedan

Hey guys this is my first post here on G35 Driver and I wish it was under better circumstances. I have a 2003 G35 Sedan and recently (about 2 weeks ago) Had the transmission flushed and filled, used full synthetic tranny fluid. The car has about 75K miles on it and the shifts are smooth MOST of the time, even when I have it pinned to the floor you can barely feel anything. Occasionally like today on my way home from work for instance the car will sometime be hesitant as to what gear it wants to be in, feels like it is just floating and then finally decides and shifts into gear. I don't know if this is a sign of a possible timing chain/transmission problem or not. The timing chain is not making the tell tale rattle however, I did get home and opened the hood and could hear a VERY faint rattle coming from the back left part of the engine. The car runs great, gets the typical gas mileage and there are no leaks or any weird smells. I change the oil about every 5k miles and ALWAYS use full synthetic, I use plus when I get fuel, I am good to my baby but want to know why she is acting like a little bitch lately!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.