General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

window motor and door lock problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
window motor and door lock problems

i looked and looked and no answers helped. has anyone dealt with doors locks and passenger door window doesnt work either but the drivers side window does work working. plz help

Old 04-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Not to be the jerk that says to search, but I have a very hard time believing that you came up with no results on failing window motors. This car is known for such a problem. I currently have the same issue...driver's side works and passenger side doesn't. I don't know what's wrong with your door locks because of the way you typed it, but for the window either buy a new motor and install it yourself, or bring it somewhere and pay for the labor

GL

Old 04-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Window motors and actuators are common problems.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a link for replacing the motor for your window: https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...l-removal.html

Old 04-17-2009, 11:00 PM
yeh
my window motor just went out too, driver side. U should search, and there are tons of thread made about this. Also, there is a vendor here that sell the window motor for a decent price. Good luck with fixing ur window and door actuator

Old 04-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by vipers
Not to be the jerk that says to search, but I have a very hard time believing that you came up with no results on failing window motors. This car is known for such a problem. I currently have the same issue...driver's side works and passenger side doesn't. I don't know what's wrong with your door locks because of the way you typed it, but for the window either buy a new motor and install it yourself, or bring it somewhere and pay for the labor

GL
its not very hard to believe. i have tried taking the window motor apart and cleaned it and still not work i bought a new door switch. i know this must be a common problem because everyone has it. im trying to find out if anyone has had problems going farther than just a motor and door locks like, the wiring or something. at one point it seemed like when i moved the wiring between the door my switch would work on and off. (passenger side)

Old 04-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
Here's a link for replacing the motor for your window: https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...l-removal.html
thats the first DIY i found and it didnt work for me. thanks tho

Old 04-18-2009, 05:46 PM
anyone have wiring issues?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM
i think its the door harness. anyone?

Old 04-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
for my passenger side lock, the wire of the actuator was pinched through some plate of metal and the body door. so i had to reroute it, iono if im just a special case of mishap or if anyone else has this

Old 04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by jutn35
for my passenger side lock, the wire of the actuator was pinched through some plate of metal and the body door. so i had to reroute it, iono if im just a special case of mishap or if anyone else has this
see that's what I'm wondering is happening to me because when i put in my new door switch it lit up but when i shut my down it went out then when i reopened my door it lit back up but now it doesn't do anything.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A similar thing happened to me too, but it was on my driver side door. Windows would work one day and not the next. I finally was able to find the problem after taking the panel off numerous times and I found that the harness was the culprit. The harness was not plugged in all the way, which would explain why my switch was lit one minute and then not lit when I hit a bump. Sounds like you may have the same problem I did, so it's worth looking into. You don't need to take off the whole door panel to access the harness to the switch, just pop off the little top panel that the swith sits on and you should be able to see the harness. Press it in to make sure that's it's plugged in all the way and see if you hear a "click". I've never had the problem since. GL

Old 04-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Quality control really sucks. They need to stop using cheap parts.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
A similar thing happened to me too, but it was on my driver side door. Windows would work one day and not the next. I finally was able to find the problem after taking the panel off numerous times and I found that the harness was the culprit. The harness was not plugged in all the way, which would explain why my switch was lit one minute and then not lit when I hit a bump. Sounds like you may have the same problem I did, so it's worth looking into. You don't need to take off the whole door panel to access the harness to the switch, just pop off the little top panel that the switch sits on and you should be able to see the harness. Press it in to make sure that's it's plugged in all the way and see if you hear a "click". I've never had the problem since. GL
I'm going to try this today. yea it sounds like we had the same problem. i need to get that window up before winter hits.

thanks man.

Last edited by darknight968; 12-01-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Quality control really sucks. They need to stop using cheap parts.
thats forsure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: window motor and door lock problems