General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Help: Cipher Tool does not detect ABS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: Cipher Tool does not detect ABS

I just purchased Cipher from UpRev for my 06 AT G35 Coupe. I plugged the cable into my OBDII port and it states that "ABS is not detected." The ECU and BCM are detected and are accessible. My car is running normal with no diagnostic fault codes present.

I'm just wondering if this is normal, or should the Cipher tool detect the ABS? My car is still under warranty, so if there is an ABS problem I need to take it to the dealership as soon as possible.

Thanks all.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay I got an answer for my own question, but this may come in handy for someone else in the future who may experience the same issue.

I contacted UpRev about my problem and got an immediate response from Richard Huntington.

"Yes that is normal. Cipher really only talks to the ECU itself. ABS and BCM may connect or may not, we never officially built in support for those modules. The support routines we use are the ones used by Nissans ConsultIII system, and some of them overlap to the ABS and BCM, so the request is sent out when you connect though they may not respond."

Great customer support!