General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Help Please - No Power With Key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009 | 12:46 PM
|
Help Please - No Power With Key

Background: Just finished installing my full front suspension, (Sway bar, knuckle, 2x control arms, lower control arm) and did an oil change and a brake bleed. Driving it home from the garage i pulled over to wait for a friend at the bank, it was idling and it just died.

Problem: When the key isn't in the ignition i can turn the headlights on and off, the interior lights come on and off as well. But when i enter the key into the ignition, and turn it 1 click my radio wont turn on, my radar detector doesn't come on, but all the interior lights are still working. If i turn the key to start it, nothing happens. No clicks, no sounds, just nothing. Also, when working on the car i left the key in the 'on' position and i accidently drained the battery completely. I trickle charged it for a bit and it started right up again. When the car died, i tried jumping it but it didnt help at all.

Solution: Not sure yet, but i found 1 fuse blown (Air bags, funny right) Looked at the starter fuse and it looked good to go. I just finished my car and now i cant even drive it! Help is appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by Krud; 11-21-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2009 | 06:57 AM
Check grounding around the car. I'm just curious and don't know if this may have anything to do but did you disconnect the battery before working in the suspension ??? These cars are very sensitive to grounding and a bad ground can cause many things.. Hope you can fix it without having to spend any $$$..