General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Sunroof Drain - Drivers Side leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunroof Drain - Drivers Side leak

Hey all,
I've got a leak on the driver's side A-pillar approx 1/3 of the way down from the top.
The interior A-pillar panel is removed, head liner detached slightly to check for leaks around the windshield. Did not find any leaking seal around windshield. Leak appears to be coming from inside the Apillar itself, and dripping out from a upper and lower joint in the pillar.

That got me to check the sunroof drain. I poured water down the driver's side drain and that made the leak worse, so I think I've found the source.

Now, I've noticed that the water still pours out from underneath the car, and the hose is still connected to the spigot of the roof and doesn't appear to be leaking.

I think it may be rubbed through or cut partially inside the Apillar. So I thought that I'd try removing the hose to inspect. I wanted to attach a line to the bottom of the hose prior to pulling out, to allow me to pull it back down trough afterward, but I can't find the bottom end.

Does anyone know where this hose goes, I've removed the inner wheel well and still can't find it.

On a second note, I tried just pulling from the top to see if I could pull out enough just to see the suspected hole, but it would not budge.

Thougts?

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having a drain problem also, but I think the hose is plugged, wondering where the bottom end is.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol sorry dude but i have this same problem just the other day it rained for like a week and i got a few drips and was like what da... but i am in the process of taking apart my inner trim will post you if i get a solution.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by mjimport
Having a drain problem also, but I think the hose is plugged, wondering where the bottom end is.
The drains on my 05 sedan are just rear of each wheel. I just tested mine trying to locate a leak (didn't find it )