General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Only one side of your seats working? have Infiniti fix it for free :D

Old 08-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Only one side of your seats working? have Infiniti fix it for free :D

so i went in to Infiniti to have my car called in for a recall(in regards to my cam position sensors) only to find out that even though i ahve a 2003, its VIN specific. so as i was about to leave he told me that i was elgible for a different recall, this one was about the airbags. apparently the airbag wiring under the seats is "to exposed" somehow Infiniti is worried people will bypass the plastic gaurd and unclip the harness thus turning off the airbag. ok so where the hell am i going w/ all this you ask? patience plz so i picked up my car yesterday and the guy told me that he did the wire tuck for my driver side but he they couldnt do it for my passenger side becasue my seat wouldnt move. and since this is an important issue to Infiniti, they are ordering me a new assembly and then installing it for me, after that they are finishing my recall issue soooo the moral of the story is, if your seats arent moving, bring your car in and ask them to check if its elgible for the recall regarding the airbag wires under your seat. if not, then try this...

http://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37/4964...wer-seats.html

realtively cheap fix compared to spending $1000+ on a whole new assy :]

FYI: my passenger seat were locked all the way to teh rear so they coulndt remove the bolts, so you MAY not get it. but its still good to go in and get your free recalls!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice, my seats were acting up also and just needed to pop out the switches and clean them a bit but i'll wait for the seats to go completely before doing the recall....Thanks for the info

Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
fyi you have 10 years from the production date of the vehicle to do recalls. I have an 03' so im pretty sure i have till mid 2012