General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

DVD NAV spinning more often since update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 01:42 PM
D87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD NAV spinning more often since update

So I updated my 2003 NAV to the latest map (6.9) and it's been fine. When I started up the car this morning I hear a "spinning" sound - and sure enough it was the DVD in the NAV. Usually it spins up and after about 30 seconds it stops. This time it just keeps going for like a minute. Throughout my 45 commute I can hear it spinning about 5 minutes, then takes a quick breather, then goes right back to churning. I pop-up my screen and it seems to be working fine, the map showing me as I drive.

The only weird thing was that when I tried updating the firmware, it showed that the "new" firmware is the same as the "old" one - so I didn't even have to update it (but I did anyway). And it's been working fine for a week (unless it's been spinning constantly and I just didn't hear it, but I find that hard to believe because I'm very sensitive to these things).

Any idea what's going on? Will it hurt to have it keep spinning? I was going to use a DL DVD and burn another copy (if anything just to have a backup) or maybe even put the older DVD disc back and see if that one will keep spinning too.

Anyone experienced this?