General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Noob with turbo g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob with turbo g35

Hey guy I am the new owner of a 03' g35 with single 60-1 turbo kit. So far the car is amazing and I have been reading alot to gain more and more knowledge from the site. I just purchased the car last Friday. Quick background on the car. 19" volk progressive's, hks hipermaxx coil overs, nismo LSD, Crawford intake plenum, nismo high lift springs, nismo r cam, 255 Wally, act clutch, b&m short shifter I believe. U-tec piggyback system with bcs and map selector. Full exhaust cant think of name but will be going to 3" asap. It was a turbonetics kit that was modified to keep the intake pipe away from the front of the motor oh and ac delete and supposedly some othe motor work. I have reciepts for everything and were all down at an infiniti dealer in CT. Basically from what I know a friend of mine bought the car with a good amount of front end damage from the orginal owner who crashed it. After he fixed it had it repainted etc etc i was amazed at how fat and well the car handle/ rode and picked it up for 11k. Now my newb question is... The car was tuned and had 3 different maps. It was supposed to have a 7psi tune, 10psi, and 18 psi!!! Wtf. Anyway i was wondering if I connect my laptop up to the data port will I be able to find what tunes are on which number?? The kid I purchased the car from just bought it to fix and flip and he forgot what numbers are associated with what psi. The car is on number 3 and tears *** but i havent got into to much without knowing the quality of the tune. I plan on hitting the dyno the next few weeks just to make sure everything is coposetic. Until then would just like to know is there anyway to find out the tunes currently in the car with out fear of losing the maps already in there. I know i could just play with the selector pick a number and drive but am very weary as I know these motors are not the most stout engines out there. Thanks and any advice is appreciated. -Ben