General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Heat at idle. (04.5 G35)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 05:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Heat at idle. (04.5 G35)

Hello all,

Sorry to bore you with another heat at idle question. I know there are PLENTY...

On my 04.5 G35X I noticed the heat wasn't as hot at idle compared to when I slightly revved the engine. I of course did the obvious by attempting to bleed the system. I attached a clear plastic tube to the bleeder hole and sat a funnel on top of the tube. The funnel was about level with the windshield cowl.

I saw air bubbles coming up through the funnel and they never stopped. I thought this was an early sign of a head gasket or cracked engine component. I decided to tackle a head gasket project that has been on going for a FEW MONTHS now. It's slowly coming together as I find the time and energy to work on it.

My question is, from searching on the internet, I learned of the supposedly cooling flow flaw later addressed on the pathfinder. I'm wondering if the cause of my heat issue is a result of coolant circulation and not a bad head gasket. I'm doubtful Nissan would knowingly make a car that puts out less than stellar heat at idle but I just wanted to check.

If you would do me a favor, please let me know if you car puts out the same amount of heat at idle than when revved up or driving.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just fix this problem on my G coupe (NY, NY)

PROCESS TOOK ABOUT 1hr
-Open the radiator cap, stick a funnel in there make sure its a tight fit ( i used electric tape and wrap the mouth/neck of the funnel.
-Start the G up.
-The coolant in the radiator will drop add coolant to the funnel about 1/2 full.
-There s a bleeder valve for the coolant where the fire wall is located side on the battery (passenger).
You will need a phillips screw driver.
Now loosen the bleeder valve about 3/4 NOT ALL THE WAY. You shoud see and hear air as well as coolant/bubbles coming out.
-turn on the heat all the way on high to 90 degrees. Let the air blow on the face. It will blow cold air.
You will see the coolant you added in the funnel drop, just keep adding coolant. Soon the the air blowing will turn hot.
TIP:
I had my bro rev up to 2000 rpm on park. and I added coolant to the funnel to speed up the process.
My G was on a flat/level surface didnt had to jack it up. When you let go of the gas pedal drop the RPM slowly or you will make a mess, coolant will splash where the funnel is

-When hot air blows continuous without having to rev up your good to go.
JUST remember to to tight back the bleeder valve and close the red cap.

Hope this help good luck!!!!!