General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Clicking noise from behind stereo on my 04 G35 coupe

Old 12-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Clicking noise from behind stereo on my 04 G35 coupe

after removing the stereo I found that the clicking sound is coming from the air diverter, when on cold it does not make noise if you turn to heat the air diverter moves and then begins clicking and doesn't stop until you change back to cold air, this happens even when the engine is off but key is on. I can feel under the dash on the right side the part that's making the clicking noise but see no easy way to get to it, does anyone have any advise on how to get to and change this part???

Last edited by Brett_Bryant; 12-31-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 AM
im not sure what this part is called its directly behind the stereo the actuator is on the right / passenger side. the actuator does move the flap but after its done moving its starts that annoying clicking sound. Help, any advise???

Last edited by Brett_Bryant; 12-31-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like the temperature blend door motor/actuator is faulty. i've seen this problem on a toyota where the servo motor would not stop at the hot position and just continue to move back and forth, not completely parking in the position. as for taking one out on an infiniti, i would have to take a look on my own.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks Euro R,
You are right, it was the temperature blend actuator I had to remove the ECM, and the blower motor enclosure, then pretty easy to get to. I completed repair a few minutes ago.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blend door actuator

I am having an issue with my front windshield defrost not working. It appears that the actuator cam & arm have come off there track, which does not open my front window defrost flaps (defrost works & blows just not on front window). I believe it is the same part u are referring to in this post. U say u were able to reach with taking off ECM & Blower motor. Do u mean the white contraption in front passenger dash area behind glove box? I have taken apart glove boxes, dash clock trim & removed radio but still can't reach the part. I think they built the car around this piece. If the blower motor part is the white box thing, please let me know. Also if u can give me an idea of how long u took to complete this job.
Thanks I appreciate any info & help.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Yes it's the big white thing behind the glove box, after I figured out what to do it really went quick. Two bolts and you have the ECM out of your way, no need to unplug it just set it to the right out of your way. Then remove one screw to the upper right of the blower box and I think there where too screws to remove on the left, one low one high. Grab and pull down and to the right it should come out. The mode actuator is at the top . You will have to contort to get in there to it. After you remove it make sure your flap moves free. On mine when removing the stereo a week before, the clock bezel broke into pieces and one of those pieces made it to the linkage and jammed it up, that was the cause of my problems. Hope this helps!

The following 2 users liked this post by Brett_Bryant:
rod78vw (01-07-2014), vk45de (02-19-2015)
Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Blend door actuator

Thank u for your fast reply, I appreciate u getting back to me. I am gonna try to fix this over my next weekend. If I can take some pics I'll do so, & try to post to help out any others in the same situation. I'll post as to how it went.
Thanks again

Old 02-19-2015, 03:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brett_Bryant
Yes it's the big white thing behind the glove box, after I figured out what to do it really went quick. On mine when removing the stereo a week before, the clock bezel broke into pieces and one of those pieces made it to the linkage and jammed it up, that was the cause of my problems. Hope this helps!
That's exactly happened with mine - though I wouldn't exactly call it "went by really quick" more like pain in the butt. I'm gonna include pictures to make it easier. BTW, this is the clicking I'm talking about:

Here's the steps - assuming you've already removed the glove box:
1. Remove the rear (closer) ECU bracket nut and right canister bolt.

2. Remove front ecu bracket nut on firewall and drop ecu (don't unplug)

3. Remove 2 left bolts holding canister

4. Unplug harness to fan at bottom of canister and harness to recycle/fresh air selector servo on right side of canister

5. Pull canister right and down hard to remove.

6. Visualize face/foot/defrost selector servo from right side of car

As uncomfortable as it looks, this is the best position I've found to attack this

7. Unscrew the 2 screws holding servo on and pull servo off

8. Make sure the little plastic gears move freely, they should move like this:

Last edited by vk45de; 02-19-2015 at 03:24 AM. Reason: add pictures and videos
The following users liked this post:
Marlon Yanez (02-27-2021)
Old 05-20-2017, 08:05 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I hate to necro old threads but this jewel just saved my ***, same clicking sound from behind the dash when you switch the blend from fresh to recirculated air. Google searched the problem and this thread popped up, started disassembly and found the red plastic cover for the positive battery terminal had fallen through from the engine compartment and was sitting on top of the cabin air filter and blocking the blend damper from closing!

Easy fix, thanks g35driver forum

Found it sitting on top of the cabin air filter. Couldn't see it from the engine compartment.

The following users liked this post:
CakeEater (07-18-2021)