General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you do?

This is my first post here after buying an 06 sedan. It's a clean car with 42k miles. I've been driving it for a week and havent noticed any issues yet but would like to do some maintenance in case it wasn't done before. I called the local dealer and they showed consistent oil changes but no other repairs. I pulled the air filter and it was pretty dirty so I'm thinking it hasn't had scheduled maintenance. I negotiated a price knowing it was going to need brakes soon. I have a powered oil extractor so I would like to change all fluids along with doing brakes and rotors from advanced. Any advice?

Old 02-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
Your g is low mileage so do a flush of all appropriate fluids. This includes the rear transfer case, transmission, engine, and power steering oil. From their just do a visual inspection on things.

While on a lift do any of the wheels rock vertically when you press forward and back on the top and bottom?

Tire condition?

Cabin air filterv

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.