General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Replaced battery not sure if it was necessary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced battery not sure if it was necessary

So had this 2007 for about half a year and everything going smooth until this morning when the "endless clicking sound" was being made when I tried to start the car. The night before I chilled in the car listening to some music smoking a cigar using a portable speaker (just got a new phone and the jack doesn't fit into the one I had to play music thru it, haven't had time to get it matched up yet). So there was some extra use of the battery for about half an hour, when at some point there was an electrical glitch, then everything went back to normal.

This morning my first thought it was a blown fuse. I checked all the fuses visually this morning first thing and they all looked good. I then tried to charge the battery (basically using jumper cables) but I was not able to using a portable charger. By this time all the power, had been drained and there was no clicking sound anymore, or any power in the car. I'm like the 3rd owner so I just went ahead and got a new battery and replaced old one and everything worked (works now). However, I'm doubtful if I did the right thing. If it was the starter that went, would I be able to run the car now? Maybe it was some connections. I guess its best I take it into the shop for a professional look at it.

When I took off the cover for the battery and took it out I then realized there was some other cable there called "Audiopipe 8 gauge" (the cable in the pic lowest to the bottom) and I couldn't figure out where it goes. I guess it is a leftover from previous owner who had some amp/sound system and just unhooked it? Also the negative or black cable connection (terminal?) that goes on the battery is kind of loose, maybe it was the reason for power not transferring efficiently?

So it was a tough day with the infinity, it's running now but doubts linger until I get a pro to look at. If you guys can give me some feedback what it could have been and what I should do that'd be great.

Last edited by Jussumman; 06-13-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:29 AM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
1- make sure the terminals fit snug on the posts of the battery.

2- if you don't have an amp or any sound system i would remove the old sound system wiring because it could cause a short in your electrical causing you issue potentially.

3- i doubt it was your starter because i think you wouldnt be able to start your car after you changed your battery

The following users liked this post:
Jussumman (06-14-2016)