General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

2006 G35x Window Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 G35x Window Issues

Good Morning All,

The weirdest thing is happening to my 2006 G35x Sedan... When I turn off the ignition and open the door both front windows roll completely down, not all 4. If I turn off the ignition nothing happens, it's only when I open the door. If the door is already open they simply roll down right after turning off the car. I removed the battery initially thinking it was a fob problem. Still did it.

Took it to the dealership and they figured it to be a bad BCM. Had that replaced and set me back a good amount, worked for a day and still doing it.

Dealer has had the car for a month. Any thoughts? Anyone else experience just the front windows? My searches pulled up one or the other or all 4.

Thanks
Robert

Old 10-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
The dealer's first move is to swap out the most expensive component. Ouch. The window system is surprisingly complicated. One thing is, there's a tiny processor under the switches in the driver's door - that itself is a "black box". Though it's a much cheeper one than the BCM. That's one idea.

Or, possible frayed wires inside the boot passing from frame to door? Those get bent every time you get in the car and maybe as you open the door it is shorting and sending the open command?

Maybe an incorrect or shorted signal from the cylinder lock to that switch panel? (Holding the physical key in the unlock position lowers windows.)

You may also have the "pinch protection" thing on those windows so that may be malfunctioning. That one can be reset, if I remember correctly, by opening the window all the way then closing it and holding up the "close" buttons up for a few seconds even after the window is fully closed.

Just some ideas. Dealer should be able to find it, and they owe you now...

If you feel like working through the service manual it's "gw.pdf" here:
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2006_G35_Sedan/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.