General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Radiator Fan Harness Connectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator Fan Harness Connectors

I was trying to swap out a leaking radiator today and ran into trouble when trying to disconnect the fan harness connectors.

They are really difficult to disconnect. Not sure if I need a special tool. Any help would appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Old 01-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
FSM!

Telcoman

Old 01-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
All the car's connectors have some sort of locking mechanisms so they can't vibrate apart, you just need to figure it out... I don't know that particular connector but here are a couple ideas ("press here" being my best guess - with a possible match on the opposite side)

Attached Thumbnails Radiator Fan Harness Connectors-press.jpg  
Old 01-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies!!!

I had to depress all the way in on one spot on the edge of the female connector (permanently attached to radiator fan) where the male and female ends meet.

It also helped being able to get both of my hands on the connector. Before, I was being assisted due to having very little clearance underneath (was trying to work without raising car) and I would depress from up top and my assistant would pull from underneath and vice versa. Having at least 2 feet of clearance underneath the car is a must.

Thanks again!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.