General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

2010 G37x Window mind of its own!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 G37x Window mind of its own!

Hi G35driver.com community! I'm new here and couldn't find an answer to my issue and thought I'd make an account and try this avenue.

I have a 2010 G37x and recently have been experiencing a weird issue. The back rear window has a mind of its own! I'll be driving to work in the morning (I live in New England and it gets cold here this time of year) and the rear passenger window will just go down on its own and not respond to either my controls or its own controls. After getting to work and starting the car roughly 2 hours after, the window goes up like normal and everything is fine. This seems to happen 1-2x per week and it is extremely untimely (snow,rain) and occurring completely randomly. I've had some non-Infiniti technicians that I'm friendly with take a quick look at it and they are dumbfounded. I don't want to have to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to an Infiniti dealer to get the motor/fuses replaced without being certain that would fix it.

The car had a battery replacement about a year ago and some other finicky things started occuring about the time the battery was replaced. I don't know if it is coincidence or correlated.

Thanks for any input!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.