General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

G35 P1283 Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 P1283 Code

Hi all,

So I have a 2005 g35x that is throwing a P1283 trouble code. All the car has is Plenum Spacer 5/16, Berk HFC (Over 10k miles on them now I think) and recently a few days ago just added a Z-tube since the old OEM tubes baffle broke off and its cheaper than the OEM tube.

The code means car is running lean? But my car seemed to be running rich since the old cats blew out after I did a muffler delete and I also smell gas in the cabin.

What steps should I take to start troubleshooting this error? Leak down test? Get a tune? Or just get a new af sensor 1 bank 2?

If it was vacuum leak wouldn't it idle weird?

I have been doing some research and didn't seem to find much direct info regarding this code.

Thanks!

Extra:
Also I replaced the PCV valve about half a year ago and when I was changing to ztube a few days ago I did an inspection and heard hissing from the valve.

When I took out my old intake tube it had some oil in it from the piping that came in at the top.

Last edited by koolpa; 04-23-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
You most likely need a tune. You've added a lot if breather mods which means there's a lot more air going in and out of the engine. The stock tune can only adjust "so much" for fuel before the parameters are just too far out of the programs spectrum.i do find it funny that the Z-Tubr was the straw that broke that camels back tho. Kind of funny. Also, clean your MAF asap.

Get a tune and you should be fine. Contact seymore4 here on driver and he can help you tune it over emails.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
You most likely need a tune. You've added a lot if breather mods which means there's a lot more air going in and out of the engine. The stock tune can only adjust "so much" for fuel before the parameters are just too far out of the programs spectrum.i do find it funny that the Z-Tubr was the straw that broke that camels back tho. Kind of funny. Also, clean your MAF asap.

Get a tune and you should be fine. Contact seymore4 here on driver and he can help you tune it over emails.
Okay should I do a dyno tune? I have a local shop that does Osiris Uprev tunes on the dyno and they do a leak down before the tune anyways. I would do an email tune just don't have an Osiris Uprev. What would be more worth it?

Since I have the Berks can get AFR gauge and sensor too? (Next car is R32 GTR so can then just take it off the G and put it on the R32).

Yeah cant believe a ztube would throw it off since it really doesn't do much... The MAF and the piping around it are clean when I checked it out. Only the piping that I switched with the ztube seemed to have a little oil leaking through the top PCV hose.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.