General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Need ,help, asap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need ,help, asap

Hi all,

Having some issues and I'm hoping and praying its a simple fix. I'm in NC, and we got a decent amount of snow today. I had to drive to work and back, and because the roads were so bad (and because one of my rear tires is slightly bald :/ ), I drove very slow and carefully both ways. On the way home however, it was a lot worse, and a couple of times I had to drop it into sport mode and shift from first to second and so forth, because my slip light kept coming on,,,In my opinion at the time, I was able to maintain better traction this way. There were also a couple times I really had to floor it to keep traction, and was a little hard on my engine. Long story short, by the time I made it home, my battery light was on, So now, about 3 hours later, I attempted to head up to the gas station, was able to back my car out (battery light still on), but then when I put it in drive I had no power. Tried reverse and the same. I shut the car off and it wouldn't crank, b/c the battery was dead, I had a jump pack in my car and was able to get it to crank, but same thing...no acceleration in drive or reverse. When I shut it off, the car was dead again. I'm currently charging my jump pack and praying that all it is currently is a weak battery that needs a full jump/charge, possibly from driving to hard in the snow. In your opinion, would this be an accurate diagnosis? My main concern and worst fear is if its possible I somehow damaged my transmission....Any advice or suggestions would be extremely appreciated,

Thanks so much!

Last edited by GrezzasG; 01-17-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by GrezzasG
Hi all,

Having some issues and I'm hoping and praying its a simple fix. I'm in NC, and we got a decent amount of snow today. I had to drive to work and back, and because the roads were so bad (and because one of my rear tires is slightly bald :/ ), I drove very slow and carefully both ways. On the way home however, it was a lot worse, and a couple of times I had to drop it into sport mode and shift from first to second and so forth, because my slip light kept coming on,,,In my opinion at the time, I was able to maintain better traction this way. There were also a couple times I really had to floor it to keep traction, and was a little hard on my engine. Long story short, by the time I made it home, my battery light was on, So now, about 3 hours later, I attempted to head up to the gas station, was able to back my car out (battery light still on), but then when I put it in drive I had no power. Tried reverse and the same. I shut the car off and it wouldn't crank, b/c the battery was dead, I had a jump pack in my car and was able to get it to crank, but same thing...no acceleration in drive or reverse. When I shut it off, the car was dead again. I'm currently charging my jump pack and praying that all it is currently is a weak battery that needs a full jump/charge, possibly from driving to hard in the snow. In your opinion, would this be an accurate diagnosis? My main concern and worst fear is if its possible I somehow damaged my transmission....Any advice or suggestions would be extremely appreciated,

Thanks so much!
Buy a new battery, buy all new tires, get them balanced and aligned, and never drive with bald tires.

Telcoman