General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

New to forum with a few upgrade questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5AT
New to forum with a few upgrade questions

So I’m new to the forum but have been reading posts along time and now have joined. I have a 06 G35- 5AT with ONLY 47k miles and have recently done a few upgrades I will list below. The car runs great and pulls a lot harder, however it just can’t seem to keep a constant idle seems like it’s always fluctuating. I have a bully dog gt tuner and everything is pretty much jacked up to the max on it so maybe I should turn some things back on it. Right now idling anywhere from 900 to 1000. Is this to high? Listed below are the upgrades

Z1 high flow cats
Z1 cold air intake
Z1 plenum spacer
Bully dog GT tuner
NWP 75 mm throttle body- installing next week

I like the stock exhaust tone and it’s deff louder with the high flow cats but still needs a little something more, If I add a y pipe would that be the missing piece I need to make louder and keep the stock tone?

Last edited by Tyler Garrett; 12-22-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:58 PM
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
Stock idle should be around 650 ± 50 (at least on an '08 AT and I'm sure others will be very similar), so 900-1000 is definitely too high. How are you measuring the idle, just by the tachometer or over ODBII ?

Can you disable the tune to see what that does to the idle speed ?

Before bothering with trying to correct the idle using Nissan's pedal-dancing methods, since you're replacing the throttle body, you might want to wait until after you do that anyway because I'm fairly certain you'll have to repeat the process after installing it.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5AT
Just installed the throttle body and deff pulling hard and I reinstalled the tuner and it’s hooked up to the obd. Rev limiter set at 6900 and timing plus 2 with no extra idle adjusting set on tuner. Now idling around 850

Old 12-25-2018, 01:18 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You should probably do a pedal dance idle air volume reset, or you can use the NDS2 android app to just push a button and do it.

https://nicoclub.com/archives/g35-35...procedure.html