07+ G35 Sedan Sport Bumper *** Kenstyle lip and Nismo lip *** FRP or CF ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by mzhu35s
Hey Rav,

Sorry if this might be asking for too much. But do you think you can take some finished pic's of the Nismo and Kenstyle lips? Is there a way you can take some pics of them on a G instead of just the bumper. I want to see them before I tell you which one I want. Thanks
As soon as it's done, we will post more pics. In the mean while, we would like to get some sort of list to see what we should make first.

The modification wasn't too hard. The line between sport and non-sport bumper are almost identical, just that the sport bumper are a bit longer.

That's what we will be doing, extending the lip and adjusting some of the mounting points.

On post #1 , i have posted the nismo lip installed on the sport bumper, and you can kind of see how it will look like installed.

But yes, as soon as we get the revision, we will be testing them. I know Paul will be here right away to test

Old 09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1. ThiesG35s / nismo lip (what material ? / No deposit yet
2. cdmorenot / kenstyle lip (FRP) / No deposit yet
3. heyitsalex / nismo lip (carbon fiber) / no deposit yet

Old 09-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ravspec yeah i have seen the page with the kenstyle rear section but the two options were carbon fiber and fiber glass. let me ask a question and i hope i don't sound too stupid .... i have seen many body kits and many aero parts that are made of fiber glass and they tend to crack and chip pretty bad. the only thing i have had good experiences with are the urethane body parts from stillen ( i had installed on my altima ) i googled FRP but the only thing that i can come up with is that is reinforced fiber glass ? how does it compare to urethane ? does it crack bad ? is it flexible like urethane is ?

that is the only reason why i have NOT ordered the rear sections from your site because it says Fiber Glass and the material just scares me....

Old 09-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by cdmorenot
Ravspec yeah i have seen the page with the kenstyle rear section but the two options were carbon fiber and fiber glass. let me ask a question and i hope i don't sound too stupid .... i have seen many body kits and many aero parts that are made of fiber glass and they tend to crack and chip pretty bad. the only thing i have had good experiences with are the urethane body parts from stillen ( i had installed on my altima ) i googled FRP but the only thing that i can come up with is that is reinforced fiber glass ? how does it compare to urethane ? does it crack bad ? is it flexible like urethane is ?

that is the only reason why i have NOT ordered the rear sections from your site because it says Fiber Glass and the material just scares me....
Then get the CF and paint it =). I've had these on my car since before they started production and I have never had any issues with them cracking or chipping.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by cdmorenot

Urethane are more flexible than FRP, but that doesn't mean FRP is bad. Most of the aftermarket body kit in the market now are make out of FRP.

FRP material will crack only when you have a impact. It's common for front lip that's make out of FRP to crack because that's the lowest point of your car.

But for a rear lip to crack .. your muffler will go first. There is no way you can crack your rear lip unless you have a direct impact, which your bumper will be destroyed.

A bottom impact will break your exhaust system first before the rear lip.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:59 AM
1. ThiesG35s / nismo lip (what material ? / No deposit yet
2. cdmorenot / kenstyle lip (FRP) / No deposit yet
3. heyitsalex / nismo lip (carbon fiber) / no deposit yet
4. paulg35s / nismo lip (carbon fiber)

Old 09-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you guys should offer paint job for FRP at somewhat discounted price!!!!

evilmonkey/kenstyle (FRP)/ let me get your paypal address for deposit

Old 09-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by _evilMonkey_
you guys should offer paint job for FRP at somewhat discounted price!!!!

evilmonkey/kenstyle (FRP)/ let me get your paypal address for deposit
Not going to be offering paint service, sorry.

Please send your deposit with description of item, g35 SN and phone # to: paypal@ravspeconline.com

Thank you.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Very interested but I had a couple of questions.

I'm assuming the Kenstyle Lip will not have the engraved "Kenstyle" on the front right?

And if I were to remove the Kenstlye lip will there be any visible drill holes on my OEM bumper??

Thanks

Last edited by sleepydano; 09-19-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by sleepydano
Very interested but I had a couple of questions.

I'm assuming the Kenstyle Lip will not have the engraved "Kenstyle" on the front right?

And if I were to remove the Kenstlye lip will there be any visible drill holes on my OEM bumper??

Thanks
No visible holes will need to be drilled, Thanks

Old 09-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Any chance for the nismo lip replica for a non sport bumper in CF?

Old 09-20-2008, 04:47 PM
i've seen both the front lip and the rear apron and they look HOTTT everyone should get these!

Old 09-20-2008, 07:02 PM
if the sport bumper fits on an X.. then i im up for the kenstyle lip

Old 09-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ i know X-Vert changed his bumper to S, and it fit, however if you have the ICC(tech pack, that i think you dont) you can not swap them out

Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
deposit sent!!!

_evilMonkey_/kenstyle FRP/deposit SENT!!!

Last edited by _evilMonkey_; 09-23-2008 at 01:47 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07+ G35 Sedan Sport Bumper *** Kenstyle lip and Nismo lip *** FRP or CF ***