Hawaii Honolulu

How much?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much?

Hello all,
I trying to find out what price I should sell my G35 for. It's 2005 sedan auto w/ 20,000 mi. (Diamond Graphite, package B w/ the Aerodynamic body kit and rear spoiler). Given the options I have, what is a reasonable price? I was thinking around $26,500-$27,000. Keep in mind that we won't be selling it until August.

Anyway, the wife and I are looking at getting either a Tacoma DC or a 4Runner V8 Sport. Obviously, we'd get ripped off by trading so we're going to try and private sell.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

Chris

Old 02-22-2007, 07:50 PM
according the KBB, thats just a little high, kbb says $25,865 in excellent condition and $24,440 in Good condition.

btw what the package B?

Old 02-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Chris I tried to sell my G35 sedan we have pretty much the same setup last year it was down to the Z or the G to be sold off. I didn't get any interest in the G35 at the same price you are asking and I only had 10k mileson my G35. 26K firm is probably as high as you could go... post it up on Craigslist for the price you want and see if you get any offers then lower it after a couple weeks.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by aleok
according the KBB, thats just a little high, kbb says $25,865 in excellent condition and $24,440 in Good condition.

btw what the package B?
Premium Package B is as follows:

Dual-sliding glass sunroof w/ one-touch open/close feature, A/C dual zone w/ rear vents, Driver’s seat with automatic entry/exit system, Auto on/off headlights, Link® Universal Transceiver, Automatic anti-glare rear-view mirror, One touch up/down on all windows, Bose® premium audio system w/ an AM/FM in-dash 6-disc CD changer w/ RDS, 7 speakers, speed sensitive volume control and steering wheel controls, Manual reclining seats, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel, and Intelligent key

According to infinitinews.com it was a $3,350 option for my car. Add on my other options, $750 for Sport-tuned suspension, $1,100 for the Aerodynamic body kit w/ rear spoiler and another $120 for splash gaurds. Total price comes to $36,320.

What pisses me off about www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com is that there options are very general, they don't have an option or packages A, B, or C like the G35 and most other cars in the world are built. Instead it has only certain options and the ones it's missing would certainly jack the price up a bit, especially from it's low $25,000 value now.

The problem I see happening is that everyone knows www.kbb.com and isn't going to want to pay excellent private party price. Plus unless they know about the G35 and it's options, I'll probably get lowballed everytime. If that ends up being the case, then my wife and are going to keep this car and try and sell it once we can get a fair price.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by perry05G35
Chris I tried to sell my G35 sedan we have pretty much the same setup last year it was down to the Z or the G to be sold off. I didn't get any interest in the G35 at the same price you are asking and I only had 10k mileson my G35. 26K firm is probably as high as you could go... post it up on Craigslist for the price you want and see if you get any offers then lower it after a couple weeks.
Yeah, my wife said she doesn't think it'll sell. We'll owe about $28,000 when I get back in July, but after being over in Iraq we'll have more than enough to pay it off.

I had the car up for sell right before I left, priced as low as $28,000 and it only had 4,000 miles on it at the time. I never got one call on it.

Oh, well things could be worse. I could be stuck in a Hyundai.....haha!!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I remember you wanting to sell your car not to long after you got on island are you parting it out first? You had the plenum spacer and springs right? I say hold on to the G35 if you want to get rid of it and sell your other car (if you have more than 1) there really isn't a market for the sedan here and with the 07 being out people that can afford a luxury car will go for that one over our 05.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, my wife and I traded our 2005 4Runner for it and have regretted ever since. Don't get me wrong the car has been very reliable and is a pretty sweet ride, but we miss riding up higher and a lot of the functionality it had, plus we didn't have to put in 92 octane.

Anyway, I already did part it out. The only thing that's left is the Alphawerks headers (brand new). I got a lot of people who seemed to have wanted them, but no one ever bought them.

When I get back I guess my wife and I will have to decide what to do. Right now, we only have one car. Obviuosly, when I return she or me has to get a car. I think as weird as it sounds if we decide to keep it, then I'm going to try and convince her to take the G and I'll get me some island car/truck. I'm sure there's plenty of them around.....haha!!

Old 02-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Okay good luck and be careful man.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm looking to sell my coupe soon as well, not sure for how much though. Was debating if I should sell, but after driving my dad's new CLS550 to work today I've decided the G has to go, just doesn't have enough power, and the CLS isn't even broken in yet!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.