Hawaii Honolulu

WARNING! COD4 Killing PS3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WARNING! COD4 Killing PS3

Was playing COD4 this afternoon, got into a match rather quickly today (instead of the 30 min wait in the past weeks). Finished the match, and screen went blank. After rebooting the system it no longer reads any game or movie discs. Called tech support, now I have to send them the system and get a replacement unit back (not the same unit, have to back up everything!). Asked the tech guy how often does this happen, apparently A LOT! Especially when playing COD4!

Good luck to the G35 808 clan, will be sticking to 360 for the time being. See u guys on COD4 online in few weeks.........maybe.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear that. has to be heat related.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TonyG35DG
Was playing COD4 this afternoon, got into a match rather quickly today (instead of the 30 min wait in the past weeks). Finished the match, and screen went blank. After rebooting the system it no longer reads any game or movie discs. Called tech support, now I have to send them the system and get a replacement unit back (not the same unit, have to back up everything!). Asked the tech guy how often does this happen, apparently A LOT! Especially when playing COD4!

Good luck to the G35 808 clan, will be sticking to 360 for the time being. See u guys on COD4 online in few weeks.........maybe.
Welcome to COD4. I have it for 360 and it ATE up my disc, returned it for a new one, and it still scratches and freezes sometimes. It NEVER reads on the first try, always have to open the tray, and close it again. Ive heard that the COD4 discs, for both ps3 and 360 all suck.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Not sure if it's heat related. The screen would go blank after each match in the past few days, but the PS3 always returned back to the dashboard if I just leave it along for 5 minutes. This time it didn't, and now the disc drive won't work. Everything else still works fine, gonna try to finish watching the 2nd season of Dexter that I have on the system before I have to send it back to Sony.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:14 PM
what ps3 do you have? i have the 60gb and it never gives me problems and i play for hours straight. and i got the ps3 when it first came out. shoots just wondering if its a certain ps3 SKU.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:08 PM
I have the 60Gb from November 2006. Warranty's expired but Sony's doing a "one time" special warranty service for everyone that bought the system when it first came out if you have the receipt (that pretty much means there's something wrong with those SKU). Lately I've been experiencing system slow downs when playing COD4 online, especially in between matches. If that's happening to your system, get ready to call the tech support!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.