Hawaii Honolulu

Hawaii Recon Laws

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaii Recon Laws

I dont know if this was posted before or answered but Im too lazy to look.

I found this http://www.state.hi.us/dot/publicaff...torsmanual.pdf it tells you what you need to pass the recon laws but I couldnt find anything telling me what does pass the law? Anyways I heard they only enforce it in the City and County of Honolulu where it is mandatory because the population is above 500,000 though not too sure though, read it in an article that was 8 years old.... lol

Anybody know what does pass?

Old 09-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought any mod had to be inspected but somebody posted that it's only for suspension now. Haven't read anything official to confirm or deny that though.

Suspension - Can't be adjustable (coilovers), need alignment within 30 days of recon inspection proving you're in factory specs, license plate not too low, 1" spring compression, tires can't extend outside of fenders.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
Suspension - Can't be adjustable (coilovers), need alignment within 30 days of recon inspection proving you're in factory specs, license plate not too low, 1" spring compression, tires can't extend outside of fenders.
Well that's a bunch of BS if I've ever heard any. How do you figure that when you can buy certain cars from the factory with adjustable suspension?

Honestly with the right amount of brains, one could fight this crappy *** ruling and get them to change this so called "law." I know they did away with the whole "wheels cannot be more than 1" larger than stock" rule because people got fed up and started giving them s**t for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.