Hawaii Honolulu

Sunday October 26th, 2008 Cruise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
might not be able to make it to this one matt again, as you saw how fvcked up my car is. will probably be in the shop with addition of a couple new parts =) i'm hoping to get it back by the 26th though.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by candy_G
what was the name of the club?
Don't know if there was ever was a name.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Then it's on. I set up roll call.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by skylinegtrxtc
might not be able to make it to this one matt again, as you saw how fvcked up my car is. will probably be in the shop with addition of a couple new parts =) i'm hoping to get it back by the 26th though.
What's the final word on getting the shop to pay for their mistake?

Old 10-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GZire
There was one a long long time ago.........it died. Shoot it died before I really was even posting too much here, so it's been gone for about 3-4 years.

And that is why one has to be very careful on whom they pass off the reins to when there is a change in leadership, that was my fault, my apologies.

There was no real name per se. I felt that at the time, there was not a need to have a name for a bunch of people to come together to share a common passion. It was just known as G35 Hawaii group and we had a die cut sticker created for a type of "identity". At the same time, we were also blessed to have a supportive and generous GM helping us at Infiniti and also the support of Nissan Hawaii Distribution.

Matt is doing a great job as it is now, and I wish him the best in keeping efforts moving forward. At the same time, the ones that show up also need to understand the time, blood/sweat, and thought that it takes to make a gathering come to fruition and to keep everyone "happy" and included. They also have a responsibility to make the same or equal efforts to support him and all his efforts.

Goodluck to all of you and hopefully you still stay together even as time and life moves forward.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Then it's on. I set up roll call.
hmmm so what are you refering tooo? a club or the cruise???
lol Im a little slow today.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by skylinegtrxtc
What happened to your car?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by XLR8SN
And that is why one has to be very careful on whom they pass off the reins to when there is a change in leadership, that was my fault, my apologies.

There was no real name per se. I felt that at the time, there was not a need to have a name for a bunch of people to come together to share a common passion. It was just known as G35 Hawaii group and we had a die cut sticker created for a type of "identity". At the same time, we were also blessed to have a supportive and generous GM helping us at Infiniti and also the support of Nissan Hawaii Distribution.

Matt is doing a great job as it is now, and I wish him the best in keeping efforts moving forward. At the same time, the ones that show up also need to understand the time, blood/sweat, and thought that it takes to make a gathering come to fruition and to keep everyone "happy" and included. They also have a responsibility to make the same or equal efforts to support him and all his efforts.

Goodluck to all of you and hopefully you still stay together even as time and life moves forward.

Thanks man.

As far as making things "official," I prefer keeping things informal and the way they are. That way people come out to the meets because they want to and not because they feel obligated. The reason we cruise once every two months now instead of once a month is because people stopped coming out last year as it got old. Once every two months keeps the meets big and produces good turnouts. I really see no benefit in being an "official" club and collecting dues. T-shirts I could do without. We're already a pretty tight knit crew. Allen, Larry and some of the other guys and I go bar quite a bit. Chad, Tony and a few others and myself all jam PS3 online quite a bit. Herb and a bunch of folks play Xbox.

To me, the cruises are a time for us to all come together, take pics, grind food and talk about how we all drive dope cars that smoke black 2003 Acura TL Type-Ss and just have a good time. From what I've seen, there just hasn't been much interest in making things a bit more official. My goal when I started up the cruises just over a year ago was to reignite the G community and make it fun while keeping it informal. We've come a long way since the first 7 man cruise I put together. I'm always open to suggestions though. I was pondering the idea of a Maui Superferry cruise this winter. I've also expressed interest in doing a Kole Kole Pass (Sunset Road) run with a few guys but I have yet to find someone with military access who would be down to get us on base.

As I said, suggestions are always welcome. Keep in mind that just because the Z guys have an "official" club, it doesn't necessarily mean that we're any less organized or less enthusiastic. Just more relaxed and laid back. Remember that their first "official" cruise they just held a week or two ago was in fact inspired by our own G cruises with our huge turnouts.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
ahhh interesting now I understand. Well good job Matt. You Obviously put a lot of thought into all of this. I hope more people turn out for our cruise. Would love to see all the other G's and what they got... hahaha steal a few ideas.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by AllNatural
hmmm so what are you refering tooo? a club or the cruise???
lol Im a little slow today.
The cruise.

Originally Posted by jyt808
What happened to your car?
S**t got f**ked up that's what happened. Basically some donk at the shop he took his car to to get his exhaust installed decided to pop his hood to have a peek at his blower...only they forgot to close his hood when they were done looking. Hood not properly latched + driving at speed = WOOSH!! Hood came flying back in his face, bent the hinges 180 degrees, cracked the windshield, crimped the top portion of both front fenders and to rub salt into the wound, also managed to bend his windshield wiper arms.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
wow thas ****ed up...

Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
^^^That's some messed up stuff right there. I hope those guys pay for the damages and loss of value too.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by AllNatural
wow thas ****ed up...
WOW.....WA-TA-NA-BE lol......mean soooooo what shop was this so I know where not to go?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 PM
lol

wow we are getting pretty off topic arent we... haha

Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Chad, Tony and a few others and myself all jam PS3 online quite a bit. Herb and a bunch of folks play Xbox.
yeah we always on PSN, and i must say bruddahmanmatt is pretty exceptional in resistance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sunday October 26th, 2008 Cruise