Hawaii Honolulu

Thoughts on reviving g35driver??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Received 114 Likes on 55 Posts
Thoughts on reviving g35driver??

My names melo and I've been on the cruises for about the last year and a half. It's sad to see the club slowly dying out, I usually just scan the forum but I felt I had to voice my thoughts and get feedback from more of the members that I know have been on the cruises to see where all of this is going.......or not going.

Don't bash on me about how I should do something about it. I jus want to see wat everyone thinks bout keeping the meets going.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to see more when i get back in April. something more like what the OahuZ club.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM
i think our G forums for hawaii are next to dead... i havn't seen anyone do a cruise in a long time ... and i heard the showing for toys for tots was a mear 2 cars from us... i think we need to have more frequent meets / cruises to get the community back together to put some faces with the names.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:46 PM
I agree. We should have more cruzes, I have talked to alot of G drivers that didnt even know about this forum. But I would like to go on some more.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Whenever I've seen other car clubs cruizing (minus the civic guys at night) they're doing 5 under the speed limit on the freeway and ensuring that there's enough distance between them that you can cut through if you have to. The couple of cruises with this group I've done both required me to drive a lot more aggressively than I'm comfortable doing. Average freeway speed was easily ticketable, and some of those traffic lights were barely past yellow when I entered, let alone the three guys who followed me.

That's why I stopped doing cruises here, but car shows and such, I'd attend, but this last couple of months is full of me getting ready to leave the island, so more important things win over those.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:56 PM
to be honest, i dont know if i want to go on these cruises

1. im too scared i might not fit in, b/c im 19 ppl thinking my parents bought my car but im paying out of my own @$$ for it.

2. paranoid about cops because i get enough tickets already, legit reasons, not just speeding down the highway kind.

there are more reasons but these are the main things im worried about.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Don't worry about the not fitting in part.

I showed up in a stock base sedan and enjoyed most of the cruise. Nobody was judging anybody on how they paid for anything or "daddy's car" stuff.

The hanging out, checking out what options I had in terms of upgrades, and seeing stuff in person, instead of just snapshots online, helped a lot.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:26 AM
I can See how some might not like the Curises but even to have like the BBQ that ended up getting cancled would be cool.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:51 AM
I jus joined this forum about a year ago, Im pretty sure hawaii g35driver.com stickers would help a lot

Old 12-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Stickers exist. Putting bait into the local forums and such may help bring new blood.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Yeah we do have some stickers made up here is the thread on them https://g35driver.com/forums/hawaii/...rs-hawaii.html

Old 12-21-2009, 02:54 AM
I went on one cruise at first was extremely excited to meet new people that drive these cars. I even brought my wife and kid. But once we actually started to cruise it turned into a race with a gtr which half of us was left at the red light some decided to drag race through. Then the actual route went different from what I heard it was so when I found most of us had split the meet up spots changed. When I posted how let down we were with this cruise I was bashed on. Since then I have had no urge to try again. My friends cruise with OahuZ and it is total different. I would like a good cruise with everyone but only after I know I won't feel like d@mn I just wasted my day. So until then I'll just keep to my shakas to other g drivers and the quick scan on this forum to see if anyone has parts for sale locally.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:17 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

So I guess there's a bit of a consensus here - if we wanted to street race, we'd hang with the civic guys.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:54 AM
im really down for a cruise tho... like a legit one. we should just try again. id like to get to know people that know about our cars and meet new people. just keep and clean and simple no what i mean?

Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Me too. Ive been on a few cruzes and I didnt think it was that bad. Mabey some should just trade their G's in for a yaris or prius?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on reviving g35driver??