Hawaii Honolulu

Car cruise ideas!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car cruise ideas!!!

READ!
Heres an idea. How about we change the date of the cruise to the 27th. The day of HELLAFLUSH. We can meet up at Maunalua Bay Beach Park @ 10:30am, rollout @ 11am, jump on Kalanianaole and head to Keehi Lagoon. Check out HELLAFLUSH for about 20mins. If there is no parking we can circle the parking lot and meet up @ Lagoon Dr.

Then we'll jump on the H1 west and head to Pearlcity Walmart. Theres a L&L, Sushi, Wendy's, and other food. after we eat we'll jump back on the H1 west then exit onto H2. Head up the H2 until we reach Kunia and Head down Kunia. We'll regroup on the side of the road on Kunia (lots of farm land) should have enough room to line up and rollout.

Then we jump back on the H1 west and end the cruise at Kapolei Target. get some menchies, shop at target, then go home.

we should be done around 3:30 - 4:00 ish, I figure we get the cruise done a little faster since we'll be on the westside, so people can get home early.

let me know what you guys think about the date change and stops. If enough people are down then Ill just make an Official Thread and start inviting the Z guys and what not.

EDITED

So I think February 28th is the set date, and we should start at Maunalua Bay Beach Park. Has lots of parking, nobody will bother us, less stop lights on the main road, and we could head west on the H1 and end in Kapolei without driving all day.

Heres some pictures of the last meet we had @ Maunalua Bay Beach Park...

Now all we have to do is figure out some stops in between Maunlalua Bay Beach Park and Kapolei with nice views for pictures and thats close to the freeway, so we dont break up too much.

The best idea for food so far is to stop at Pearcity Walmart, and park next to the Wendy's (in the upper left hand corner of the parking lot) where there are lots of food outlets to choose from (sushi, L&L, Wendy's, Etc.)

Then after we eat jump on the H1, exit up H2, head down kunia, get back on the H1 and end in kapolei.

This is getting exciting now, keep posting ideas so we can finalize the plans. shoots

Original Post
First off I was looking at the calender and hows about the last day of February sound for a cruise? February 28th is a Sunday, and I figure we give it a month or so we can let all the G owners know, and have a big cruise.

Now everybody wants a cruise so we should throw out some ideas.

I know we always meet at Kakaʻako park because everybody knows where it is and its easy for new people to find, but right outside the parking lot there is alot of stop lights and traffic, so everybody's trying to run red lights to keep up so we lose alot of people and we cant roll out strong. Does anybody know of a BIG parking lot thats closer to a freeway or a bigger road with less stop lights? I figure a Walmart or Home Depot but I can think of anything at the moment.

Kinda dont know where we should eat or stop for pictures since I dont know where we are going to start, but I do know where we should end the cruise.

After we stop a couple of times for pictures and we eat, we should jump on the road for a nice long cruise. we get on the H1 and head west, after pearlcity we get on the H2 and head north, at the end of H2 we get on Kunia Road. we can stop on the side of Kunia Road just so we can regroup then head down Kunia Road, then jump back on the H1 and end at Target Kapolei.

Target has a HUGE parking lot and theres a Menchies (frozen yogurt that you can put whatever toppings you want) so we could take pictures in the parking lot. Then everybody can head home, check out target, or get some yogurt.

The best part about the last stretch is that we can take our time and have a nice long cruise and turn everybody's heads. No traffic, no stop lights just one long line of G's.

Post up some ideas! and let me know what you think about the date.

ROLL CALL!
Name - Status

MomonaBoy - Guaranzz
Jazielomar - Down, showing up in a Altima Coupe
PR-G35Driver - Down
G35DuMp - Down
THE-G35 - Down
BlazeG35 - Down
808_G - Down
worldcrafter - Down
HawaiianSofie - Down
ypahuboy - Down for the 27th

ak808 - maybe
Genkiboi8o8 - Calling in sick
myroncuz - Also calling in sick

THE-G35 - Will be at HELLAFLUSH
jyt808 - Will be at HELLAFLUSH.
mthanson - Negative

Last edited by momonaboy; 01-15-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds good. ill have to check my schedule since every week is a different shift for me.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I guess nobody like cruise, but me an Myron....

Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Im down i mean if no one has no problem wit me showin up on altima coupe, idk if my G is gonna b ready by then

Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Received 114 Likes on 55 Posts
I'm down for cruise.......damn people reply on here so we know everyones down. I was gonna suggest target to meet up but I read your whole thread and ending there would be better. But Im not sure either on meet. Keep me posted though I definitely want to help out on this cruise. I could get my Frend mike from Oahu Z to take photos for us if that's cool and my other Frend nick is a cop, has a 370z, bring him along to. If u want to keep it strictly g's jus lmk

Old 01-07-2010, 06:15 PM
that's the sunday after Hellaflush........I'm down I just hope I get picked for the show so my car is still gonna be clean lol

Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
im down..

Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
i'm in. just tell me when and where and hopefully more people will show.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just Blaze!!!

I'm down!!! Can't wait I know my car will be out of the body shop by then! Hey everybody that used to come out with us let's go, we are G35 Driver Hawaii let's do this, it sounds really nice although i was thinking that we should end it in the parking lot of the NEX, I hear alot of people say they love seeing the Oahu ZZZ when they are parked there, well let's show them that we can be as sharp and impressive as them,they showed me much luv at the Toys for Tots! I'm down, you know me BLAZEG!!!! REPLY Guys we need more REPLIES!!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 01:41 AM
man, i would be so down to do cruises with you guys but my job gives me an irregular schedule... and i only get my schedule like every freaking saturday.. its a maybe for me but meh.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Received 114 Likes on 55 Posts
Yo genkiboi jus request off the week before the schedules are made. I have friends in Genki: waikele, ewa beach, aina haina and kaneohe. And they all do the same thing wen they request off. If u work at Kaneohe Genki....jus ask David for let u go

Old 01-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by Jazielomar
Im down i mean if no one has no problem wit me showin up on altima coupe, idk if my G is gonna b ready by then
Guarantee

Originally Posted by PR-G35Driver
I'm down for cruise.......damn people reply on here so we know everyones down. I was gonna suggest target to meet up but I read your whole thread and ending there would be better. But Im not sure either on meet. Keep me posted though I definitely want to help out on this cruise. I could get my Frend mike from Oahu Z to take photos for us if that's cool and my other Frend nick is a cop, has a 370z, bring him along to. If u want to keep it strictly g's jus lmk
I'll start a thread on forumshawaii and my350z and invite the Z guys when we get a solid plan. But if you know anybody let em know, anybodies welcome. Just let em know we cruisin', no dumb stuff, no racing, etc.

Originally Posted by jyt808
that's the sunday after Hellaflush........I'm down I just hope I get picked for the show so my car is still gonna be clean lol
rajah dat, I looking at getting TE-37s 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 with a +12 offset, should be HELLAFLUSH.

Originally Posted by BlazeG35
I'm down!!! Can't wait I know my car will be out of the body shop by then! Hey everybody that used to come out with us let's go, we are G35 Driver Hawaii let's do this, it sounds really nice although i was thinking that we should end it in the parking lot of the NEX, I hear alot of people say they love seeing the Oahu ZZZ when they are parked there, well let's show them that we can be as sharp and impressive as them,they showed me much luv at the Toys for Tots! I'm down, you know me BLAZEG!!!! REPLY Guys we need more REPLIES!!!!
NEX would be perfect but I know not everybody can get in the NEX. Target is good because theres only 2 on the island, huge parking lot so everybody can do their shopping and go home. but maybe we should start at the NEX? I know we wont need a military ID to park and eat there.

Last edited by momonaboy; 01-08-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:54 AM
lol, i dont work at genkisushi.. i work at a country club and requesting a week before wont do shiet for me.. i already requested off hellaflush maybe ill just call in sick

Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by Genkiboi8o8
lol, i dont work at genkisushi.. i work at a country club and requesting a week before wont do shiet for me.. i already requested off hellaflush maybe ill just call in sick
haha mean, hopefully you can come, we need as much people as possible.

added a starting location and roll call list

Last edited by momonaboy; 01-08-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 PM
i could use another cruise (good reason to wash car). but, unfortunately feb 28 is my daughters 3rd birthday. so i won't be able to attend. gotta spend time with the ohana. hopefully i can make the next one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car cruise ideas!!!