Hawaii Honolulu

Thinking about moving to Hawaii, need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thinking about moving to Hawaii, need help

I have thought about moving to Hawaii sometimes in the future. Thinking about the Big Island. My concerns are being a job. What sort of job can I get there and be able to live comfortably? My budget is around 200k for a place of my own. I heard that its common for people to have multiple jobs on the Big Island just to be able to live there, is this true? I am a graphic designer but willing to try other things. What are the pro's and cons of living in Hawaii?

Would Oahu be much cheaper? I know it probably would be much easier to find a job there since Honolulu is there.

But anyways, would love to hear from you guys who actually live there to offer me some advice. Hawaii is such a beautiful place. I envy you guys who are from there.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stay where you are. dont come here.. haha nah. i guess it does cost more to live here. i dont know about big island but there's not much places that sell for 200k. depends on what your looking for.. your not going to get a house for 200k. 1-2 bedroom condos and townhouses yes. actually, got a handful of places u can buy for 200k now that i think about it. my friend just bought a townhouse in waipio for 215. but so far hes spent about 10k in remodeling..

i say if your going to come down here and "chance um" try set yourself up with some interviews beforing coming down. what did u plan on doing when u get here? stay in a hotel til u can find someplace to buy/rent?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Hawaii Craigs
list is the place to go for Jobs and Housing. you can start there for looking for a place.

Good luck. Hawaii also has a Unique housing market with the whole Leasehold and Fee simple. I don't really understand it but any Realtor can help you out. you might have a better chance as a Graphic designer on Oahu as that is where most of the population is.

good luck.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by myroncuz
stay where you are. dont come here.. haha nah. i guess it does cost more to live here. i dont know about big island but there's not much places that sell for 200k. depends on what your looking for.. your not going to get a house for 200k. 1-2 bedroom condos and townhouses yes. actually, got a handful of places u can buy for 200k now that i think about it. my friend just bought a townhouse in waipio for 215. but so far hes spent about 10k in remodeling..

i say if your going to come down here and "chance um" try set yourself up with some interviews beforing coming down. what did u plan on doing when u get here? stay in a hotel til u can find someplace to buy/rent?
^^^Maybe Hilo side might have some cheap housing (and maybe in the $200k range). In any case with no job lined up before you come down, you can kiss any idea about living on that island goodbye.