Hawaii Honolulu

Toys for Tots 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toys for Tots 2010

Aloha Everyone,

It's that time of the year again - the season of giving back to the community. This year, since we have a large following of VQ Enthusiasts; the President and I have agreed that the only way to roll in to this years event is....are you ready?? A collaboration of VQ's and Nissan's (G's, 350Z's, 370's and maybe some R35's? ). With that said - OahuZ humbly invites our fellow VQ brethren to this event. Details below:

Date: Saturday, November 27, 2010 (Day after Black Friday)
Where: NEX Parking lot at 10:00 am.
Roll out: to Kaneohe Marine Corps Base at 10:45
Gate passes: Will be handed out (if not already aquired) at the NEX
Routes: TBA

The event will be similar to last year (Car Show on the Tarmac)...but BIGGER and BETTER. Each car is required to donate one toy (or many) to the Toys for Tots Foundation. There will be food, drinks, games and entertainment...great event for families. I have a large 12x14 tent we can use but it won't fit in my Z. If you can fit it somehow in your ride, let me know. If anyone has a tent, please bring it..It's hot out there. I'm sure we'll have a huge turnout!

I will update this post with any additional updates that is communicated to me. If you have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me. I hope to see everyone at this event...its a great event for a wonderful cause!

Toys for Tots 2009
(With Pics)

Toys for Tots 2008

Pictures:
http://my350z.com/forum/pacific/4030...-part-1-a.html
http://my350z.com/forum/pacific/4030...-part-2-a.html

Updated list: 11/24

G Roll Call:

1. vendiola7
2. momonaboy (maybe)
3. PR-G35Driver
4. mattesatinblack
5. 808MIKE
6. myroncuz (maybe)
7. Meatshackle
8. beast808
9. BlazeG35
10. h2mann
11. nanashi
12. fluffy da pig

Last edited by 67ZNISMO; 11-24-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:51 PM
This is awesome.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Received 114 Likes on 55 Posts
do we have to go into the parking lot of keeihi lagoon to get the passes?? this will affect how much people want to go cuz i get stuck on the speed bumps

Old 10-28-2010, 03:30 AM
Im down for this i should have my rims by then!!!! chee huuu!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd go but my days off are Tuesdays and Wednesdays...

Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
if melo going i deff will make it

Old 10-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea! we need the G's to go to this event!! heard it was a pretty nuts gathering last yr! over 400 Cars!! And maybe only 2 G's rolled in with the Z's!which was pretty sad to hear.

So evereyone was looking for an event to go to! This is it! so lets get the word out!! No excuses now. everyone got a month to clear the schedules, get the car shined up, and lets roll to this event! Auuurite!!

Old 10-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I would be so down to go to this event if I was in Hawaii. haha

Oh wait, I don't even have my G no more. lmao

Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 AM
Great responses guys. I understand your concerns regarding the speed bumps going into KL. The Z's were skeptical about the over-sized sushi rolls as well. Most of us (I said most) were able to get in being dropped pretty low with no problem however there were a few of us that left some paint behind. I know the majority (including myself) are not fond of this so I'll bring it up to the coordinator.

Basically, the way it worked last year was everyone met at KL and attended the drivers meeting for rules and expectations. The clubs sent up representatives (officers or team leaders) to obtain the base passes if you needed them. The way I see it - those who can't make it inside need to note this down on the roll call list. You can meet us near by... outside the entrance of KL. That way when we roll out, we'll hand you the passes and you can just fall into the cruise. Keep in mind these are just my thoughts and they haven't been approved yet...so stay tuned. I'll check on this.

I know everyone has plans, busy schedules and work. If you can make it, awesome...if not..weeeeell you have a month to clear them. LOL, nah but try your best to come out. It'll be good exposure for both clubs (trust me, we turned some serious heads rolling in last year with some G's). Most importantly, we're doing this for the kids.

Now lets see a roll call list!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:16 PM
I already requested this day off so I have no excuse not to be there.
Hopefully I'll have the rest of my goodies slapped on beforethe event.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 67ZNISMO
Great responses guys. I understand your concerns regarding the speed bumps going into KL. The Z's were skeptical about the over-sized sushi rolls as well...
HAHAHA! That's the first time I heard someone refer speed bumps as over-sized sushi rolls! I guess my G munches on those a lot

Old 10-29-2010, 09:47 PM
DAMN!!!! I'm not getting my rims until January and my car is rocking a black spare right now, so I might jut catch a ride with my friend in his IS250. Unless anybody has two front OEM Rays lying around and want to let me borrow until January.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:05 PM
put me on the roll call list aj.........im one of the guys that might not make it in keehi lagoon. so jus keep us posted as to wats gonna happen with that.

@ chad............where have you been man......mia for a long time....you didnt even show up to the big !ss g cruise we had

Old 10-29-2010, 11:14 PM
^ yeah melo, I was busy with work that day, plus as you can see my tires are worn out so I gotta wait till January for my rims/tires.

But I got Mod fever right now, I ordered my rims, and Iʻm thinking about getting the Super LED Headlights from www.ClearCorners.com. Plus gotta finish my sounds, damn I need money!

Oh well, hopefully Iʻll see you G/Z guys at the Toys for Tots cruise even if I dont take my car.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 PM
thats alot of money........for headlights with leds. i think u should pm ivorygt on this forum to see if hes still doing headlights....you get way more stuff for the money spent.

u should try get a quad projector mod

i've also had the mod bug in the past and it does hurt the funds
i got something else coming in november also...hopefully i get it in time for toys for tots

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Toys for Tots 2010