Hawaii Honolulu

Tint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint?

Could anyone recommend a good tint shop? I need to get mine tinted.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:29 AM
ProTint, down by the McDonalds by Sand Island. Dwight is the owner. There is also this other one in Dillingham, can't remember the name but its a vietnamese guy, next door to Yama's Auto Care by the canal, one block below King St. I heard he's good. talk with your salesguy as mine told me that you have to be careful on who tints your car, if they remove the door panels and the wiring gets messed, its not covered. They have denied a lot of warr work on door panel problems due to tinted windows that the tint guy removed the panels. My sales guy told me ProTint. You will have some window, door panel noise while driving afterwards though if they remove the panels so be aware of that. Expect to pay about $250+ for a good job. If you want less than 35% then that's up to you, cash only of course, but you need to find an installer. Good luck.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by chargie808
Could anyone recommend a good tint shop? I need to get mine tinted.
the best, IMO, is Special-T-Tinting.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:59 AM
Are you looking for a certain tint? Metalic/Ceramic/Standard?

Either way i'd recommend AL's Tinting... They installed ceramic tint on my car which came out very good. Also they take extra special care when they take out the panels, like taping the metal piece etc.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know want good quality tint which dries over night.. hollah at me...

Old 04-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hands down, Al's Tinting is the best. Direct lines with MB, BMW, etc. i've taken all of my previous vehicles there. superior quality, awesome customer service, warranty. As far as I know, Al's and Special T remove every panel that blocks the path where tint would be applied. I'm not sure about others.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Anyone know whatever happend to "Solar Pro-Tint" in Waipahu? Thier phone number is out of service.

Trending Topics

Old 04-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
out of business. super shady people. if quality is what you want, look into Al's, or Special T.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmm, I just got mine done at TnT Tinting down in the Salt Lake area. Turned out well. It is the ceramic kind that doesn't interfere with any antennas (especially my Valentine 1...)

Dave

Old 04-18-2005, 11:08 PM
I second the recommendations for Al's and ProTint. Have had cars done at both and can easily recommend both. Protint will be cheaper than Al's, ecpecially if you get the Huper Optik at Al's. Expensive but very good for heat reduction. Dwight, the owner at Protint is very good but he is very busy since he is the only one that does tinting. His assistant only does the prep work. If you go to Protint, you may need to wait for an appointment.

Good luck!

Old 04-20-2005, 12:39 AM
EII
hey what is ceramic tint and also does anyone know where I can buy a wing/spoiler without the LED brake light and if I do buy it with the LED is it already set up to be wired or do I have wire everything up. Someone told me it is already set up I just need to drill the holes and connect it to the wiring mechanism. Thanks

Old 04-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Ceramic tint is just that Ceramic... instead of metal or dyed films which could fade/rust... But the biggest difference is in the heat/UV rejection properties.

If you go to AL's they have a display next to the counter where you can feel the difference... It's a hot light behind a rotating display with regular tint, no tint and huper optic ceramic tint... as you spin the thing around you can feel less and less heat radiating from the blub.

Also Ceramic tint won't interfere with Radio/Cellphone reception.

With Ceramic tint on my car I can leave it in the sun mid day for a while and of course it'll be a bit warm but the car will cool down real fast. Also the seats and steering wheel won't be unbearably hot. Hell even the metal trim in the console is just warm and not hot... But I mainly got it to protect the interior from UV damage, because it's UV protection % is one of the best.

Oh and the final thing that I can remember is that it will never fade.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Frostya
Ceramic tint is just that Ceramic... instead of metal or dyed films which could fade/rust... But the biggest difference is in the heat/UV rejection properties.

If you go to AL's they have a display next to the counter where you can feel the difference... It's a hot light behind a rotating display with regular tint, no tint and huper optic ceramic tint... as you spin the thing around you can feel less and less heat radiating from the blub.

Also Ceramic tint won't interfere with Radio/Cellphone reception.

With Ceramic tint on my car I can leave it in the sun mid day for a while and of course it'll be a bit warm but the car will cool down real fast. Also the seats and steering wheel won't be unbearably hot. Hell even the metal trim in the console is just warm and not hot... But I mainly got it to protect the interior from UV damage, because it's UV protection % is one of the best.

Oh and the final thing that I can remember is that it will never fade.
Wow, ceramic tint sounds awesome. How much more is that compared to regular tint? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the job from Al's?

Old 04-20-2005, 08:23 PM
It is a little pricey but IMHO worth it in the long run.

You could try ProTint as paul suggested for ceramic, Al's has it for around $250 installed. If we have another meet soon you can check it out on my car before you buy. It's not gonna look as nice as Illegal tint but I don't mind and for now i'm done with illegal tints.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't there a cruise this weekend... 24th...?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tint?