Hawaii Honolulu

Remote Start + 1st Gear engaged = ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you get my pm? anyway...fount it for you. its pin 102 green/orange wire comming from the ecu behind the glove. pull the panel under the glove to get access. this wire shows ground when in gear...or the other way around. forget exactly what it was but its perfect for a dei alarm (viper,clifford,etc.) like i said its worked flawlessly for me for the last year or so. saved my @ss more than once! have a clifford 3.5 and left it in gear a couple of times by accident while working on my car. tried to remote start not knowing the car was in gear and it automatically cancels. itll sense it in ANY gear! actually doesnt even have to be totally in a gear. if you push the shifter a little towards any gear itll shut off. dont believe me? do a search for kpierson and remote start. hes the guy that makes that vdc always off thing and a couple of other goodies. hes the one that found the wire. dont relly remember if i disconnected the harness to get access to the wire (its super tight up there) but let me know if you guys got any questions!

Old 12-04-2005, 04:10 AM
dang this happened to me too. I let my friend test drive my car and after we parked, he put the car in gear (which i didnt realize) because I usually just pull the parking brakes up. Anyhow, after we got some food he told me to show him how the remote start worked. So i said sure! I pushed the buttons and my entire car slammed into the building. I was like wtf! you put it in gear you bastard! Luckly, the damages were minor. He felt really bad tho

Old 12-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by 808gcoupe
did you get my pm? anyway...fount it for you. its pin 102 green/orange wire comming from the ecu behind the glove. pull the panel under the glove to get access. this wire shows ground when in gear...or the other way around. forget exactly what it was but its perfect for a dei alarm (viper,clifford,etc.) like i said its worked flawlessly for me for the last year or so. saved my @ss more than once! have a clifford 3.5 and left it in gear a couple of times by accident while working on my car. tried to remote start not knowing the car was in gear and it automatically cancels. itll sense it in ANY gear! actually doesnt even have to be totally in a gear. if you push the shifter a little towards any gear itll shut off. dont believe me? do a search for kpierson and remote start. hes the guy that makes that vdc always off thing and a couple of other goodies. hes the one that found the wire. dont relly remember if i disconnected the harness to get access to the wire (its super tight up there) but let me know if you guys got any questions!
yaah, got your pm. thanks a lot. now if i can find time to work on my g. two jobs is killin' me...