Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Hydrolock Update! More help needed from previous thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydrolock Update! More help needed from previous thread

I got my car back from the dealer without them having looked at it yet. Most likely it is hydrolocked, but I'm having it towed back home for the time being to remove the CAI and put the stock filter back on. Should I take it to the dealer after and play dumb? or should I find another shop and claim it thru insurance? Any advice would be helpful.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
in this case..put the stock airbox back on and take it to "ANOTHER" dealership and this time play dumb. If the other one never bothered to looked at it then there shouldnt be a record.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:58 PM
You should look at your previous thread - if they entered it in the computer all dealers will know...but you may only have to change the oil and plugs like dofu said. most likely y ou will be ok if you haven't driven it...good luck

Old 07-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
You should have shut ur car off before going into that puddle and pushed it until you were out of the puddle. F*ck it, the damage has been done. Next time you know CAI's arent no joke. Put the stock intake back on and take it to another dealer

Old 07-07-2006, 05:09 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure the dealer is going to know you hydrolocked your motor due to your CAI or flood damage. There is no way in hell that water could get into that motor with your standard airbox. Either or, I don't think they'll do work out of warranty.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by mbroschak
I got my car back from the dealer without them having looked at it yet. Most likely it is hydrolocked, but I'm having it towed back home for the time being to remove the CAI and put the stock filter back on. Should I take it to the dealer after and play dumb? or should I find another shop and claim it thru insurance? Any advice would be helpful.
Posting on a public internet forum your intention to commit fraud is pure genius

Do you really think they are that dumb?

Suck it up. You made a stupid mistake by driving through deep water with your low mounted CAI. Now it is time to pay the piper. Maybe you should learn more about your car before you continue driving it?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Did you cut the foam to give more air to the CAI which Injen says not to do!?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Posting on a public internet forum your intention to commit fraud is pure genius

Do you really think they are that dumb?

Suck it up. You made a stupid mistake by driving through deep water with your low mounted CAI. Now it is time to pay the piper. Maybe you should learn more about your car before you continue driving it?
Do you really think the dealers have the time or the desire to look at these forums for this kind of stuff? they're too busy trying to overcharge people for oil changes and what not...Maybe the guy only drove through 6inches of water like he said- do you think he should be forced to buy a new engine because of that? the guy is seriously trying to get help, he doesn't need someone to tell him that hes f***d, he already knows that...

Old 07-07-2006, 05:34 PM
THE BATMOBILE
yea play dumb and take it to a different dealership

Old 07-07-2006, 05:36 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
actually there are some dealer reps on car forums. not to mention cops. or even insurance agents. hes not trying to make fun of him, just warn him not to be so naive.

your best bet is get it diagnosed for what it really is. you'll waste more time and effort pretending you dont know what happened.

as for their cai, injen recommends cutting away a small piece of foam so that the filter fits.

Old 07-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
if you cant get the car to start at all... try changing you ur spark plugs, secondly take off the cai and take apart your intake plenum, upper and lower.. my friend hydrolocked his 350z and we just did that, new sparks.. clean the lower plenum and removed the water, yes there was water in his plenum, and he just let his car sit in the sun like that for about a day... im guessing the heat helped evaporate the water left in there cuz later that night we were able to start the car... it idled real funny... but we just sat there and let it run.... once idle kinda returned to normal he just started to rev the engine a few times and after that his cars worked fine since... even heavy rain can hydrolock your car so you have to be real careful

Old 07-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by w0ady
actually there are some dealer reps on car forums. not to mention cops. or even insurance agents.
And a public forum like this is a credible source right? I just raced my friend in a Ferarri F360 Modena and I killed him with my stock G35 from 0-155mph

Should I be congratulated on my kill? Or should I expect a speeding/racing ticket in the mail? You can't prove anything with what was said on an internet forum for various reasons such as:

1.) Was the statement true?
2.) How do you know it was even him who made the statement? (Can't prove association between logged in user and physical person)

Old 07-07-2006, 08:20 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
And a public forum like this is a credible source right? I just raced my friend in a Ferarri F360 Modena and I killed him with my stock G35 from 0-155mph

Should I be congratulated on my kill? Or should I expect a speeding/racing ticket in the mail? You can't prove anything with what was said on an internet forum for various reasons such as:

1.) Was the statement true?
2.) How do you know it was even him who made the statement? (Can't prove association between logged in user and physical person)
grow up. theres something called an ip trace. im not trying to say that the government is tracking everyone right now, simply that discussing a crime on a public forum isnt the brightest idea. so take it as a word of caution or continue being difficult. its up to you.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
do you really think they are gonna go through all that pain of tracing IP, going back to the isp, getting some sort of a court order to get his information just because of a post on a forum?

Old 07-08-2006, 02:36 AM
even so with an IP that a dealership would go through could not prove who actually typed online and whether it was serious. just like the EZpass scare. unless they have a pic of YOU driving the car...calibrating the distance between each toll and time they cant issue you a ticket..they need a picture of your pearly whites..not the rear plate Post what you want online..you need intent to be proven guilty

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hydrolock Update! More help needed from previous thread