Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Which Exhaust to Get for my Sedan??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the Borla. It drones under 2500 rpm which gets old around town and generates complaints from every non-car type that rides in the car. But it does sound great, I would even say exceptional under WOT.

I have had poor customer service from Borla. The original muffler failed and it took two months to get a replacement. It would have been a very bad deal if the muffler had failed to the point that I couldn't drive the car! But they did replace it. And I had to pay shipping to send the original back to them, plus of course labor to swap out the muffler.

But if you're hoping to see some performance increase from an exhaust, forget it. All they do is make more noise than OEM.

(I wouldn't believe that either before I did the install!)

Old 08-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 4 Door Skyline
whats up chobble, i did the install myself, no big deal really, but you do need that extra mounting crap to put it on, other than that its a couple bolts, no big deal really, havent done much else to the G ride, tryin to save up some for my rimmy rims
yea i got all that bracket nonsense...ive been trying to do some saving up myself but i can make it past a few hundred $ till other things pop up! whatta ya gonna do huh? haha looking to get my 19's chromed out next

Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by jimmykce1
Kewl..I am think I will wait and get my Stillen sway bars and MREV2 installed on my sedan first.
good call....ive been SLACKING on the sways myself and fromwhjat i hear they're well worth it! u hsould get the MD spacer in with that MREV as well wish i did....

Old 08-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Where did you buy your HKs exhaust. Also does the HKS muffler have dual tips coming out the back like the stock muffler??

i got it from chads new site he has up....not sure whats it called agian i have it saved along with 30+ other links to car parts send him a pm and he'll hook it up not sure if he still has any in stock though. and yes the HKS does have DUAL tips similar to the sedan

Old 08-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
anyone have any experience with tanabe smh?

Old 08-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Have you tried Cold Air Intake?

This may be the sound you are looking for. Great mod for small $ and sounds "angry" when you get it over 3500 RPM. Adds a bit more responsiveness off the line and a kick to the top end as well. Easy install too.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JMAN44544
This may be the sound you are looking for. Great mod for small $ and sounds "angry" when you get it over 3500 RPM. Adds a bit more responsiveness off the line and a kick to the top end as well. Easy install too.
I have a Z-Tube with an Amsiol air filter. I am looking at also getting a MREV2.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chobble19
i got it from chads new site he has up....not sure whats it called agian i have it saved along with 30+ other links to car parts send him a pm and he'll hook it up not sure if he still has any in stock though. and yes the HKS does have DUAL tips similar to the sedan
He has 3 left, one on hold for me. I have till tomorrow to decide if I want it. Price is $394+ tax (no shipping). For that much money I don't know if I want a full catback... I can't make up my mind, I do I a lot of aggressive driving and worry something loud will grab too much attention.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Another vote for Borla here, it's one of my favorite mods.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by chobble19
Can you post a picture of your HKS exhaust on your sedan, please. Also is it a full cat-back or just and axle-back exhaust.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Another vote for Borla here, it's one of my favorite mods.
Is there any resemblence of a 350z in the exhaust note? Does it sound like a 350z or coupe would with a borla exhaust?

Can you post a picture of your HKS exhaust on your sedan, please. Also is it a full cat-back or just and axle-back exhaust.
HKS is an axle back at $400, I think you can get a full system though for more than double the price.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Stillen Gen. 2 baby...!! The only way to go..!! Nothing but compliments on how it sounds & awesome performance

Old 09-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Highway drone would disturb me a bit, a performance tone is okay, but a drone that you can feel would be bad on long drives. Any chane one of you guys with the Stillen G2 could record a 15sec clip of 50-65mph crusing and part throttle accell and a 15sec clip of 0 to 40mph acceleration. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by MardiGrasMax
Highway drone would disturb me a bit, a performance tone is okay, but a drone that you can feel would be bad on long drives. Any chane one of you guys with the Stillen G2 could record a 15sec clip of 50-65mph crusing and part throttle accell and a 15sec clip of 0 to 40mph acceleration. Thanks.
you dont want drone? HKS has 0 drone and has a very, very nice, agressive note after 3-4k rpms, for cruising the tone its very tame, not too loud, but if you are looking for performance them you need to look at a full system, but then again theres the drone issue...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust to Get for my Sedan??