Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Installed my Injen CAI.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed my Injen CAI.

My first impressions on this mode are thats its great. The sound it makes is insane. It is not too deep when you are revving it but it seems to give it this turbo sounding noise. On the other hand, when I am driving and I punch it, it is a whole different story. This thing growls. It sounds amazing. Let me know if I am getting the correct sounds, and this thing sucks from the start, lol. I also installed the AEM bypass valve, but I dont think it makes a difference in performance or sound, at least this is what I was told. And for those who say you dont gain power or that you loose it, I dont think that is correct, at least for me. I can definitely feel a bit more power when I punch it. And for those who said the by pass valve would not fit for them because the pipe is 3.5 inches and the valve is only 3, what I did was put the rubber housing on the inside and stuck the valve from the inside instead of the outside, and it seems to be working perfectly. Only thing is, one bracket on the lower part of the intake pipe that is supposed to attach to the chassis did not because of the bypass valve, but I think its not going anywhere. Can onyone show me some pics of their injen CAI and possibly chim in to their expirience and setup?
Will this do anything to my warranty? I have the sp1993p. TIA guys.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Not really but it gives the dealer an advantage if something were to ever go wrong with your car...They will just be like..its because of your intake.bla bla bla..You know the deal.!!

Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
One more question, and sorry if I am asking so much, its just that I am not too familiar with this and want to know if these guys installed everything right? The filter cannot be seen through the bumper mesh on the bottom correct? Its supposed to be enclosed by the wheel well protected by the plastics correct, and behind the foam, am I right? And after the stock intake is removed, is the spot in front of the engine supposed to be all open, in which you can see the bottom, cuz the stock intake was covering all that with plastics but this one isnt, is that normal?

Last edited by GThIrtYFiZle; 10-10-2006 at 10:23 PM.