Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Fast Intentions SEDAN muffler has arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are not taking our time. We are extremely busy and we are also trying to keep this a priority at the top of the list but scheduling issues with the Doner car and the holidays really slowed things down. I will do my best to have more for all of you within a week. If everything go,s as planned I might be able to get this completed by next week...Tony

Old 01-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Here is the latest.

I scheduled the test cat to come back in on Monday January 22nd.
I have some things to tweak, change around and finish.
Wednesday morning I have an appointment at the dyno @ 9 a.m. sharp.
Wednesday night I will post pictures, sound clips and dyno numbers.
Wednesday night or Thursday morning we will start the group buy.

Make no mistake, this is for real and pending a natural disaster this will happen...Tony

Old 01-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Update!

The car is in my hands and should be wrapped up in a couple of hours. I will be @ the dyno tomorrow @ 9.A.M...Tony

Old 01-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Almost time....

Old 01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
congrats to the sedan guys they are gonna have one sweet system

Old 01-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Update!!!

To All-

We have hit another bump in the road! The project will not be completed today! We have put off the dyno indefinitely. I know we have kept you all in the dark as to what we are doing. You need to understand to protect our own interest, especially from other companies we needed to. After spending another 14 hours on it yesterday and trying multiple versions we are still in the developing stage. What I am going to do right now is share with you what we have tried and why it cannot be released to the public.

Version 1:
Dual 2.5" with a Magnaflow perforated X Pipe in to a dual in dual out 5"X9" perforated muffler.
Result:
From the outside it sounded great, nice deep tone no rasp and a smooth sound which was no to loud.
From the inside the DRONE was unacceptable. At its worst it was between 1800-2600 RPM.

Version 2:
Dual 2.5" with a custom Fast Intentions X Pipe along with 2-14" perforated core resonators in to the same 5"X9" Perforated muffler.
Result:
From the outside it was very similar to version one but just a little louder and not as deep.
From the inside the DRONE is still unacceptable. Very bad from 1800-2600 RPM, but better then version 1.

Version 3:
Dual 2.5" in to a dual 2.5"-3" single out Magnaflow perforated Y Pipe. From there we went single 3" all the way back in to a 3" inlet 5"X9" dual 2.25 perforated core muffler.
Result:
From the outside it was similar to the first two versions just quieter.
From the inside, the DRONE was cut down by about 20 percent but still very far from being acceptable.

Version 4:
Dual 2.5" in to a dual 2.5"-3" single out Magnaflow perforated Y Pipe. From there we went single 3" with another 12" long 3" core resonator back in to the 3" inlet 5"X9" dual 2.25 perforated core muffler.
Result:
From the out side it sounded similar to version 3 accept it was noticeably deeper.
From the inside the DRONE got worse.

Version 5:
We cut the muffler off of the end of version 4 a drove around. Surprisingly the drone almost completely went away. But the car was way to loud.

Version 6:
Where we cut the muffler off in the back, we welded another 3" resonator on to see what it would do. Again the drone came back.

So here is the deal. We know there is a way to eliminate the drone. Just finding the right combination without sacrificing torque and power is the hard part. We have not given up on all of you or this project,

We have a few options we are going to try something completely different then we have ever done and if it works it will be in production and doesn't I will be right back here sharing it with you.

I hope you all understand that we are really trying to give you all what no one else has been able to. If we just release a system that makes power and drones then we are not much different then the next guy. We will try our best to find a way to give you all of the pros with the least amount of cons!

As far as time line I have some new products on the way as of this morning and the owner of my test car needs it back so this will be continued over the next couple of weeks.

For those of you that cannot wait and need to buy something now, just realize you already know what is out there and even if you wait on us a little longer and even if we dont produce you still have lost nothing but a little time. If we do produce, you waited on a great system.

So with that said please be patient, we are trying to do what is best for all of us...Thank You All, Tony

Old 01-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
To All-

We have hit another bump in the road! The project will not be completed today! We have put off the dyno indefinitely. I know we have kept you all in the dark as to what we are doing. You need to understand to protect our own interest, especially from other companies we needed to. After spending another 14 hours on it yesterday and trying multiple versions we are still in the developing stage. What I am going to do right now is share with you what we have tried and why it cannot be released to the public.

Version 1:
Dual 2.5" with a Magnaflow perforated X Pipe in to a dual in dual out 5"X9" perforated muffler.
Result:
From the outside it sounded great, nice deep tone no rasp and a smooth sound which was no to loud.
From the inside the DRONE was unacceptable. At its worst it was between 1800-2600 RPM.

Version 2:
Dual 2.5" with a custom Fast Intentions X Pipe along with 2-14" perforated core resonators in to the same 5"X9" Perforated muffler.
Result:
From the outside it was very similar to version one but just a little louder and not as deep.
From the inside the DRONE is still unacceptable. Very bad from 1800-2600 RPM, but better then version 1.

Version 3:
Dual 2.5" in to a dual 2.5"-3" single out Magnaflow perforated Y Pipe. From there we went single 3" all the way back in to a 3" inlet 5"X9" dual 2.25 perforated core muffler.
Result:
From the outside it was similar to the first two versions just quieter.
From the inside, the DRONE was cut down by about 20 percent but still very far from being acceptable.

Version 4:
Dual 2.5" in to a dual 2.5"-3" single out Magnaflow perforated Y Pipe. From there we went single 3" with another 12" long 3" core resonator back in to the 3" inlet 5"X9" dual 2.25 perforated core muffler.
Result:
From the out side it sounded similar to version 3 accept it was noticeably deeper.
From the inside the DRONE got worse.

Version 5:
We cut the muffler off of the end of version 4 a drove around. Surprisingly the drone almost completely went away. But the car was way to loud.

Version 6:
Where we cut the muffler off in the back, we welded another 3" resonator on to see what it would do. Again the drone came back.

So here is the deal. We know there is a way to eliminate the drone. Just finding the right combination without sacrificing torque and power is the hard part. We have not given up on all of you or this project,

We have a few options we are going to try something completely different then we have ever done and if it works it will be in production and doesn't I will be right back here sharing it with you.

I hope you all understand that we are really trying to give you all what no one else has been able to. If we just release a system that makes power and drones then we are not much different then the next guy. We will try our best to find a way to give you all of the pros with the least amount of cons!

As far as time line I have some new products on the way as of this morning and the owner of my test car needs it back so this will be continued over the next couple of weeks.

For those of you that cannot wait and need to buy something now, just realize you already know what is out there and even if you wait on us a little longer and even if we dont produce you still have lost nothing but a little time. If we do produce, you waited on a great system.

So with that said please be patient, we are trying to do what is best for all of us...Thank You All, Tony

Thanks for the update. Definitely an honest effort on everyone's part. Hint for Version 7 = Helmholtz resonators.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Refer to new thread...Thanks!!!

All -

I'm closing this thread down and referring you all to the master thread for this system, see below. It'll make it much easier for me to keep you all updated and on track.

Thanks...Tony.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/114980-fast-intentions-sedan-exhaust-coming.html