Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen Hydro Sleeve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well to answer your question most people purchase the injen cai not for performance (as for no intakes give any noticable hp gains) but for the sound

Old 02-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Okay, I can accept that. But again, just for sound, you guys want to risk a hydrolocked motor???

Old 02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by zeroscythe
u guys do know that the bypass valve increases intake temp considerably... im not sure if its the exact case for the G, but i do know it does increase intake temps

if thats true, then what do you suggest for someone like myself who wants to keep my injen cai from sucking in water...

and please dont say get rid of the injen cai cause I know there are a few of you ready to say that

and does it really matter if the aem bypass value makes temp higher?

Old 02-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I would go with a bypass valve instead. That thing is just water resistant somewhat...its not going to prevent your car from hydrolocking though...

-sean

Old 02-09-2007, 05:54 PM
as for me I was given the Injen CAI with a set of Rims I bought from a girl
it was thrown in with them so really I got mine for free, just had to swap my stock box for it
and as far as the water resistant cover from Injen, true it is not water proof
so as long as you keep it from accually being submerged you should be good

Old 02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Banned
yeah, that sleeve is just water repellant, it prevents splashes from getting on ur filter... if ur filter on the other hand was submerged in water, ur engine will be fuked no matter how "water resistant" that sleeve is...

cold air intake aren't worth it... weak performance gain, filter needs to be replaced/cleaned every month because of it being exposed to the road..

stay with stock. not only does it sucks in cold air, it stays cleaner longer. the stock setup is already cold air... air comes in thru the front grill, into ur stock intake, which is enlosed in plastic preventing engine bay heat from entering...

leave it alone.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
well I dont think im bringing my car through a lake anytime soon where id be completely submerged, but on the roads, the injen sleeve will make it so water splashing up via rain wont able to get sucked in my cai?

Old 02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Put that sleeve over the end of your shop vac and dip it in some water. Note results.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:51 PM
bypass valve... so it increased temp. but will that do anything bad to performance?

I know cold air is obviosly better than hot cause the density, but since there is no hp gains with the injen cai.. will it matter if the AEM bypass value increases temp?

heres a link:

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/searc...pass~Valve.htm

Old 02-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Brian
Originally Posted by biada
yeah, that sleeve is just water repellant, it prevents splashes from getting on ur filter... if ur filter on the other hand was submerged in water, ur engine will be fuked no matter how "water resistant" that sleeve is...

cold air intake aren't worth it... weak performance gain, filter needs to be replaced/cleaned every month because of it being exposed to the road..

stay with stock. not only does it sucks in cold air, it stays cleaner longer. the stock setup is already cold air... air comes in thru the front grill, into ur stock intake, which is enlosed in plastic preventing engine bay heat from entering...

leave it alone.
That's an interesting point. And one that I'd never considered before. Here in New England, where the original poster is from, that's of big concern. In the winter months we have tons of salt all over the roads. CAI do LOOK nice though...

Old 02-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Premier Member

The hydro shield isn't worth it... I tested mine at the track and was getting worse times than i did with stock intake on... (Injen intake 14.0, Hydro shield on 14.7, and stock 14.5) If u have injen intake just make it into a short ram during the winter or put ur stock intake on... U can buy a filter that bolts up to the maf sensor tube...

I just bought a weapon-r filter for the winter...

Old 02-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by biada

leave it alone.
Um i live in florida (we have more rain than just about anyone, which means dirt poors onto the road from medians and what not), i have had my injen CAI for about a year now. Before the car was mine it was a good friends and he had it since day 1 basically. I cleaned it out when i got it at 50K miles now im at 82K miles and still havnt cleaned the filter....those kinds of filters are designed to run with up to i believe 1/2 inch of dirt and grime on the outside.

-sean

Old 02-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
That's an interesting point. And one that I'd never considered before. Here in New England, where the original poster is from, that's of big concern. In the winter months we have tons of salt all over the roads. CAI do LOOK nice though...
my cars put away for the winter

Old 02-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
bypass valve... so it increased temp. but will that do anything bad to performance?

I know cold air is obviosly better than hot cause the density, but since there is no hp gains with the injen cai.. will it matter if the AEM bypass value increases temp?

heres a link:

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/searc...pass~Valve.htm

okay so no hydro sheild. say I dont wanna go short ram, will I lose performance with the bypass valve on cause it increases temp?

Old 02-10-2007, 04:32 PM
also with the bypass valve, where does it go on the injen cai?

and will it fit of will I need to make my inejn cai short ram?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Injen Hydro Sleeve