Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Crawford HFC Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Nice! Great to have TS so close. If I get their reflash, I have to sent it to them
yeah, it's convenient to be able to go there in person (and totally worth it!)... I wish I had a camera with me when I was there - I saw 2 firsts! A manual Z trans in an M35... and A DOMESTIC in the shop

One of the best tuners around for Japanese cars installing a motor in a Corvette Turns out they have known the guy for years... Apparently the guy who runs Toyota Grand Prix has a son who wants to get into drifting... he was deciding between a 350Z and Corvette - he went Vette... So TS is helping put the car together.

Never thought I'd see a domestic in their shop though

Old 04-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Damn, all of this is making want a $5000 check for mods all at once.

I'm a bit "scared" that after all my mods, I won't feel any improvements. I'm always naturally skeptical, and probably won't feel anything under 100hp gains

Guess I have extra motivation for work.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Damn, all of this is making want a $5000 check for mods all at once.

I'm a bit "scared" that after all my mods, I won't feel any improvements. I'm always naturally skeptical, and probably won't feel anything under 100hp gains

Guess I have extra motivation for work.

for me - the thing about N/A mods is it's a hobby kind of thing... not gonna get 100hp gains, not gonna bolt something on and feel super charged performance... but it's fun to research, talk about, the do certain mods to get that little extra oomph.

Honestly I don’t think I would have had as much satisfaction by getting everything at once. SoCalTed said something when I first met him that I understand better now than I did at the time - he said he'd rather see someone have a new mod at each different event/meet than to see stock one day and everything there is to have on it the next. I'm that way a little too... But the main thing is I'm so analytical about everything that I research the hell out of stuff before making a decision (even seemingly simple decisions) - so I carefully choose what goes on my car and that isn’t something I could do all in one shebang.

Anyway - if you want boatloads of power and would rather throw several grand at it at once, FI is by far the way to go. I initially had Stillen SC plans, but wanted to wait for warranty to end. I still might do that, but I can’t keep from adding a thing or two here and there when I have determined for myself that it is worth it.

Long-winded... but I felt compelled to express it. You'll get the car where you want it... just don't get impatient - sometimes that brings on bad decisions.

I'll see you sometime soon - we can talk...