Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Pop Charger Installation #$#%!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pop Charger Installation #$#%!!

I got the pop charger today, and the instructions absolutely SUCK donkey *****. The heat shield comes with all these rubber pieces and doesn't look anything like the ones in the installation pictures. I found some pdf around here also, and that sucks too.

1. How in the world do you get the rubber piece to go go into the hole and stick out like in the so called pics from the G35 installation guide?

2. The edge trim pieces stick up and do not lie flat like in the pics.

Any advise would be very appreciated, since the instructions were written by bafoons.

Also, they just gave me the z-tube with no installation guide either.

I'm about to just trash the stupid rubber pieces. Are they even necessary? I see no way to make any of the pieces form a "ring" in the cutout on the heat shield.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Re: Pop Charger Installation #$#%!!

Calm down my friend. All the pieces fit believe me. They are all cut to the proper length. The longest one is for the hole on the heatshield, which is the hardest one to do. You may need to pry the "V" apart with a screw driver, but it does work. No instructions with the "Z" tube, because it's a factory piece. That's very east to install. Remove the old tube, put the line that's on the top of old tube on the bottom of the new one. Hook up the two ends, and bolt it to the plenum. (Bolts line up, really pretty easy).

Lou

Old 01-12-2004, 11:54 PM

I got them to fit on the piece, but both the shield and the way the pieces fit look nothing like the diagram in the instructions. The diagram shows the rubber flaps sitting flush against the heat shield. The only way to put them on the heat shield makes them protrude. Also I got a small piece to fit on the circular hole, but it has a 1/2 inch gap.

Again, the instructions were written by morons. (The same goes for the majority of products out there).

Thanks for the advise. I just wish the pictures represented the actual fitment and the actual product.

Old 01-13-2004, 10:51 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm so glad I bought the Stillen HiFlow AirBox.

2003 Twilight Blue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards,
12 wire Hyper-grounding kit,
350Z intake duct, Stillen Hi-Flow Airbox
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled aluminum pedals

Old 01-13-2004, 01:15 PM

The installed picture does represent the actual fitment. I'll post a picture of my POP-Charger tonite when I get home.

From what I've read the Stillen is not any easier to install. There's mention of a bottom screw? Anyway, enjoy you're stillen, I'll enjoy my POP-Charger.

Lou

Old 01-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The instructions are very direct. The instructions were not written by "morons" and were not intended for "morons." I'm sorry you cannot follow a simple diagram.

2003.5 6MT Premium Black Coupe Al. Pedals Grounding kit Borla TD exhaust PIAA Z-tube Pop-charger

Old 01-13-2004, 05:38 PM

Cryhavok: I assume you were said author of JWT's included moronic directions. If I insulted you in any way, that was my intention.

The heat shield I have, along with the rubber molding looks SIMILAR to the parts in the directions, but is different enough that there is no way to tell if the molding is installed properly.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:37 PM

As promised, my installation. Looks like the one in the instructions.

Lou

169953-IMG_0100.jpg

Old 01-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I said that because I installed my pop-charger about a week ago, using the same directions. Figure out which pieces of the trim will cover the entire edge when installed. Then install them so that they flare toward the outside.

The "ring" one may be dificult to visualize, but once you start installing it with the flare on the outside, then it will slowly but surely form a circle. That's all there is to it...

Take a picture of what you have if you are unsure and I'll tell you if it is correct and ready for installation on the car.

2003.5 6MT Premium Black Coupe Al. Pedals Grounding kit Borla TD exhaust PIAA Z-tube Pop-charger

Old 01-15-2004, 11:54 PM

when I have installed these on friends cars the things that take the longest is putting on the damn rubber pieces...

what I do is take my car key and run it down the slit that goes over the metal heat shield,, this helps open it up and get it on to the metal piece easier... I take out the air velocity duct and hold it between my legs for that piece..

they all fit just anoying... ill do a step by step install soon... as soon as we get more pop chargers in..

the other kind of semi anoying part is clampiing down the heat shield... what I do is tigheten the clamp all the way down, and get it into place... then loosen the bolts until the clap fits around the metal part of the engine bay.. then bolt them down again... it is easiest to install the heat shield first and then the pop charger..

ill do the step by step install soon..

Jason
AIM: PerformanceNISMO
Yahoo: MyNISMOParts
http://www.performancenissanparts.com

Old 01-17-2004, 01:56 AM
Una

I have to admit, the instructions do suck.
I managed to get mine installed after about an hour.
I do have one question tho, WTF are the two little screws for?!
I got 2 longer bolts, 1 shorter bolt, 3 split washers, and two small screws.
Theres no mention of the screws anywhere in the instructions, and no odvious place for them.

Needless to say, those screws are still sitting in the bag.
Where was I supposed to install them?

-Una

Old 01-17-2004, 09:08 AM

I can't imagine what screws you're talking about. I used all of my hardware. I got:

4 bolts to bolt the filter ring body on to the MAF Assembly (One was longer than the other three to bolt on to the Support Bracket).

2 bolts for the Edge Clamp.

2 bolts for the Air Scoop Bracket.

Did you get more than the 6 bolts (screws) I mentioned above?

Lou

Old 01-17-2004, 06:17 PM

Thanks guys. The installed rubber doesn't match up with the image in my instructions at all. It looks like the pic provided by Lowrider. As long as that is correct, on to the actual install as soon as I get off my a$$ tomorrow.

Old 01-17-2004, 06:29 PM

Pardon my skepticism, but that does not look like an improvement over the stock CAI. The stock box is already excellent. Just drop in a high flow K/N panel filter for $40 and be done. I would go so far to say that all that PopCharger effort was for no HP gain and maybe even a loss. It will be louder, but dont expect much more than that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pop Charger Installation #$#%!!