Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Crawford v5Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crawford v5Plenum

Have you guys seen the new Crawford v5 plenum yet? it came out over the weekend. Same power as the old one. New Manufacturing process that makes it beautiful. Crawford is offering tradins at $195.00 or new for $395 (for forum membors). This one is proven.

Lou

Old 02-03-2004, 01:50 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Crawford v5Plenum

Pics please! Their old one was butt a** ugly!

2003 Twilight Blue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards,
12 wire Hyper-grounding kit,
350Z intake duct, Stillen Hi-Flow Airbox
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled aluminum pedals

Old 02-03-2004, 02:30 PM

Wow, trade-in's at $195? That's one helluva deal. Either pics or a link would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

- NICNoobie

2003.0 AT Brilliant Silver Sedan
Premium Package\Graphite Leather\Signaling Clear Corners\AEM Intake (w/ Bypass Valve)

"Why are you my English not being understanding?"

Old 02-03-2004, 03:29 PM

Here

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.p...0&pagenumber=1

Lou

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 02/03/04 10:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-03-2004, 03:29 PM

the tradein price of 195 only applies if you have an old crawford plenum and send it back to them, if you have the stock plenum the tradein is 395, without tradein it is 595

03 BS/Graph 6MT Prem Cp
19" GunM TE37 275/30 MPSports
kg/mms,cambers,cusco sways,injen int/exh,Alpine/JL/Stinger,din master

Old 02-03-2004, 06:41 PM

Uh, I think that's what Trade-In means. You Trade in your old Crawford Plenum for the new model. Something not clear here? I did not mention the no core return price of $595.00 however, so thank you for mentioning that. The $395.00 price requires you to return your old old stock plenum (the core).

Lou

Old 02-03-2004, 06:58 PM

uh, i see what you are saying now, but im sure many people thought that you saying tradein meant sending theirs (stock) in, you didnt mention anything about "previous" crawford owners "exchanging" their old ones, just didnt want people being misled into thinking they could send their factory one in along with 195$ and getting the new one,

sorry to clear things up, its all good lowrider, didnt mean to sound like i was stepping on your toes.

it is a sweet deal i think, sure looks better, funny how they come out with this now right after the lsd one comes out

03 BS/Graph 6MT Prem Cp

Old 02-03-2004, 09:40 PM

Do I inderstand this right...You send in your Crawford Plenum that you already paid $500.00 for and for another $195.00 they will smooth out the exterior welds and powder coat it. No additional power gain and it isn't the polished version.

Where is the great bargain in all of that. Sounds like it is great for Crawford.

What am I missing?

Old 02-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe this one is redisigned on the inside as well. there is no longer the loud sound that many complained of and that may have indicated a tumbling of the air. if that problem has been fixed, this new design may be signifigantly better than the old one.

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 02-04-2004, 01:23 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Pics from My350Z thread:

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 02-04-2004, 07:00 AM

Looks like it was painted with a spray can. Should look better than that for the price.

Old 02-04-2004, 02:06 PM

Wow. I am glad that I am not in the business like Crawford or LSDUnique. I've been following the comments on this and the 350Z forum on both new plenums and some people are really harsh. I mean hey, if you don't like how it looks don't buy it. If you think a logo is stupid, don't get it or cover it up. IF you think the price is a rip off, make it cheaper or don't buy it. It's no different than lowering your car or putting spinners on - some like, some don't, but to each their own. I wouldn't dis anyone who really was into it, even if I wasn't. You would think from some people's reactions that someone held a gun to their head and forced them to put this on their car against their will. I for one am glad both companies are catering to this market. Doesn't mean I am quite ready to buy a plenum yet, and I don't know which way I would go if I did, but the possibilities are intriguing and I am definitely interested. I hope they, and others, don't take the pre-release criticism so harshly they decide to target other markets, or just not talk about stuff till it is released. That would be a shame. It's awesome getting to find out about stuff before it becomes public so you can plan or save for stuff.

Old 02-04-2004, 03:41 PM

Running a business is about satisfying a market demand, these comments are very reflective of a demand however the companies are obviously not effectively putting their finger on the pulses of the customers. I think that if LSD and Crawford were smart enough would welcome the criticism coming there way and adjust there business and products accordingly. If these people didn't provide input then these companies would not know which way to grow and continue to provide us with quality products! Just my 2 cents!

Old 02-04-2004, 04:03 PM

well i agree to catering to the market but DAMN, you cant please everybody! maybe they should just say "you design it and we'll build it", how would that be? maybe then people would be satisfied. but it probably wouldnt help business much.

03 BS/Graph 6MT Prem Cp

Old 02-04-2004, 04:33 PM

Of course you're not going to please everyone, but that's why bad research can be so detrimental to a company's success. Analyzing data will yield a majority figure and it's the majority that you cater to. Maybe this is already happening and the very few people that have responded negatively here don't represent the majority. Based on the response rate at this forum (which I know is a small number)alone I would say these companies have done some poor research! There are a bunch of factors to consider, a lot of these people that have negative things to say about it, would buy it in a heartbeat if it improved HP by a very large number. They are just expressing opinions. It's really hard to debate about how and why they have designed what they have, unless all of us have done the research and assuming that most of us have not, at this point we are all just engaging it unfounded bantering! Just to throw in my opinion on the product is I could care less how it looks and am more interested in how well it will make my car perform!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crawford v5Plenum